Anybody else losing RRT connection in early AM?

Started by purplepickup, March 16, 2004, 06:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

When I get up at 5:30AM I check the RRT to see what's developed overnight and almost every day at some point between 5:30 and 6 the computer stalls and I get an error message that I can't connect.  Sometimes it will connect later but it's off and on.  I can go anywhere else and the pages load fast.  It's just RRT.   I'm just wondering if it's on my end or others are getting the same thing.
George

btrc

George,
 It's happened to me a few times. Usually on Mondays and Tuesdays.  I only get on the computer early in the morning so it is kind of frustrating.  Sometimes I've been able to get back on by typing in the address instead of using the favorites and starting from the first page (don't know why) but usually not.  I just figured the RRT sserver was doing some sort of scheduled maintenance early in the morning.
Bob

WZ JUNK

I have noticed a problem early in the morning too.  The rest of the day everything works great except I miss not being able to use the chat feature but that is on my end I think.  It is great to be able to view and use the RRT again after months of frustration.  I am glad you guys are around.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Jimc

Quote from: "purplepickup"When I get up at 5:30AM I check the RRT to see what's developed overnight and almost every day at some point between 5:30 and 6 the computer stalls and I get an error message that I can't connect.  Sometimes it will connect later but it's off and on.  I can go anywhere else and the pages load fast.  It's just RRT.   I'm just wondering if it's on my end or others are getting the same thing.

I happened to me once, yesterday morning.
I was able to get on just a few seconds later.
I just thought maybe Frank was doing some maintenance.

Jim
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

Sean

It must have done something different last night because I had to sign in this morning.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Crosley"I've had no problems out here on the west end of the country.

You guys must warm it up and it is fine when I get here.

I'm just going to have to get up earlier and let it warm up I guess.  Maybe I'll put in a higher stall torque converter too so it doesn't bog :lol:
George

Fat Cat

If you have any error messages that you can post so that I can contact the hosting company to see if they can look into it.

I would guess that the most common message you get would be "425 Connection Refused". But whatever you are getting I need that. Yhe more I have to take to them the easier it will be to fix.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Fat Cat"If you have any error messages that you can post so that I can contact the hosting company to see if they can look into it.

I would guess that the most common message you get would be "425 Connection Refused". But whatever you are getting I need that. Yhe more I have to take to them the easier it will be to fix.

One day I got a 904
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Fat Cat

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"If you have any error messages that you can post so that I can contact the hosting company to see if they can look into it.

One day I got a 904

Thats a new one I don't think that server codes go that high. I have seen

301 Moved Permanently
302 Moved Temporarily
400 Bad Request
401 Authorization Required
408 Request Timed Out
425 Connection Refused
500 Internal Server Error
501 Not Implemented
502 Bad Gateway
503 Service Unavailable
504 Gateway Timeout

but never a 904

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Sean"It must have done something different last night because I had to sign in this morning.

That would be something on your computer. There are only 2 ways that happens if I manually delete all the sessions files stored on the server or is your cookie on your computer is deleted or corrupted. I have not done anything to the forum software in about 2 weeks.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

One day I got a 904

Thats a new one I don't think that server codes go that high. I have seen

301 Moved Permanently
302 Moved Temporarily
400 Bad Request
401 Authorization Required
408 Request Timed Out
425 Connection Refused
500 Internal Server Error
501 Not Implemented
502 Bad Gateway
503 Service Unavailable
504 Gateway Timeout

but never a 904

Might have been a 049, no that is a model airplane motor.

Might have been a 409, no that was an engine that Chevy gave up on.

Might have been a 904, no that is a Chrysler transmission that is currently giving me fits.

Oh well, what's in a number anyway.  If it comes up again, I will write it down.  Now if I could just remember where I wrote that down.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

old32

Early in the morning  :?:  :?:  That's evening down here, maybe there's too many Aussies like Carps on line bottling up the system :twisted:  :twisted:
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted: