Another EGO-RAMA Thank You; From the New Guy

Started by 47-forvette, September 09, 2005, 10:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47-forvette

I just wanted to say thank you very, very much to all the RRT members who took the time to vote for myself and/or for any of the other RRT members to participate in the R&C Asphalt Ego-Rama.  Especially, since I'm such a Newbie here.   You will never know how much my wife Judy and I are looking forward to this week-long road trip adventure.  For the last two years, she and I have been caring for my mother Mary as her illness (Emphysema) progressively became worse.  She just recently passed at the age of 81, on 8/25/05, after a week of Hospice assistance.  I'm sure that after dealing with all of the trials and tribulations associated with settling her affairs, we will be more than ready to make some new friends and memories starting in Lake Tahoe at the end of the month.  

It sounds like Denise and Phat Rat have a handle on keeping the forum updated, so Judy and I will work real hard to give them something to write about.  However, I will be bringing my other toy, a new digital SLR camera, so maybe I can feed them pictures worthy of internet posting.  A picture can be worth a thousand words, or maybe a couple of cookies.

Again we thank you from the bottom of our hearts, and we promise to be participants worthy of your vote.
\\\\\\\"Zen @ 102 MPH\\\\\\\"

phat rat

Looking forward to meeting you and Judy. Sorry to hear about your mom.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

congrats on the Egorama. Sorry to hear about your mother.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom....I've been there and done that....not a pleasant experience but a natural progression of life.Sounds like a road trip is just what you and your wife need after a very difficult time.....Be safe,Good luck and have a great trip!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

slocrow

Congrats! Sit back and enjoy the ride...........you deserve it too!
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

47-forvette

Quote from: "slocrow"Congrats! Sit back and enjoy the ride...........you deserve it too!
Hey Slocrow, Thanks.  My wife Judy was born in Cleveland, and her parents hail from there.  You know any Svoboda's or Loves???
\\\\\\\"Zen @ 102 MPH\\\\\\\"

slocrow

Quote from: "47-forvette"You know any Svoboda's or Loves???

I use to work with a girl named Maria Svoboda (I think the spelling's the same). She would be in her mid 50's today. Her last name now is Wilson though she just hasn't changed back as a divorce occurred some 20 years ago. Don't know any Love's......Frank

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "slocrow"Don't know any Love's......Frank

You know ME Frank... :wink:

Are we going to have the pleasure of your company this weekend in Kzoo??
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

slocrow

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "slocrow"Don't know any Love's......Frank

You know ME Frank... :wink:

Are we going to have the pleasure of your company this weekend in Kzoo??

I stand corrected.......not to mention in addition, the lovely Maureen, who just broke her foot last Friday. So in response to part two it looks like I'm going to miss the Zoo this year, dang it. Though I have been thinking about how to get there and avoid the divorce......

Bob K

(quote)I stand corrected.......not to mention in addition, the lovely Maureen, who just broke her foot last Friday. So in response to part two it looks like I'm going to miss the Zoo this year, dang it. Though I have been thinking about how to get there and avoid the divorce......[/quote]

You shouldn't be stomping on her feet when you are TRYING to dance.

B:lol:B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

slocrow

Quote from: "Bob K"You shouldn't be stomping on her feet when you are TRYING to dance.B:lol:B

Actually, she fell down the last two stairs coming down from the second floor. Rolled over on the left foot and damaged the 4&5 metatarsal area, top side center. No cast but this type of injury comes with a bag full of "honey could you please" type requests...... :roll: ....Frank

And hey, I'm a fine dancer er dancer tipper........... :lol: