Looks like I am going to be on the outside lookin' in.......

Started by SKR8PN, August 26, 2005, 07:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKR8PN

......for awhile at least.  I have sold SKR8PN the truck. Actually I have traded it for a pretty darn nice and radical X-race car. 1993 Daytona chassis car that is certified to run 7.50s. car has run a best of 9.40 with the stroker motor in it,but it has a fairly mild 440 now. All street legal and RUNNING. I am getting the stroker motor and other misc parts with the car.  I am also keeping some of the spares that I had picked up for the truck,so there may be a garage sale here in the near future. :lol:
 Man this was a tough decision. This truck has been a big part of our lives for the past 6 years,but after what had occurred prior(some of you know about it) and what has transpired as of late( stuff nobody knows about!)I felt it was time to cut my losses and move on to bigger and better things. When we get the deal all done and I have the car,I will post a picture or two. I am going to start looking for a completed,driver streetrod to pick up. Gotta be all MOPAR :lol:  So,don't think you are getting rid of me THAT easy :shock:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

KustomLincolnLady

:shock:   * I'm in shock!!!!  :cry:   Are you going to race this car?  wow i can't belive it, so where will the truck be headed off too?
Cant want to see the pics of the car, I guess if you and Willie are happy then I am too, lol

and where the heck have you been,  :wink:  or is it that you've been here and I haven't   :roll:  lol
Debb

GPster

When I see a message like this I wonder, but I still see we and our written in the message so I hope that's OK. Oh well, jet sking weather will come to an end and rather this than snow mobiles. Anythng happening with the Pontiac sedan/delivery? Is the bad news your mom? I try to pay attention here and the ones that I have met I like to count them as friends. GPster

SKR8PN

Not to worry GP,all is as well as can be expected with my Mom, and Willy AND myself have been great.  She sure has been a trooper to go thru all this crap with the truck,and STILL be able to say she loves me.
And Deb,I been sneakin' in and out every once in awhile,keepin' an eye on you,and maintaining a low profile :lol:

SKR8PN the truck is going to a new home down in South Carolina. The gentleman that I am trading cars with,is a beemer tech, has a couple of young kids and drag racing wasn't high on his list any longer. The timing was right, I would say we were both ready for a change :lol:

I have had so many heartaches with this truck that it had become more of a PITA than anything else. The fun was all gone :shock:
You know it's bad when you can't bring yourself to work on it enough to even try to put it together,so you can at LEAST drive it in primer :shock:   Rather than ruin a relationship with my painter friend, and strain our marriage,I decided to let it go,get something we can BOTH enjoy for awhile and move on.  As far as racing this new car?  Oh..... It MIGHT find it's way to the track every once and awhile :wink:  but more than likely it is going to be a street warrior.

GPster

Feel good that someone thought it was worth something. You can start out with big plans and get tired/stressed with the trip to get there but at least you can someone else can see the value of your ideas and work. Doesn't always go that way. Look at it as a "Trade UP" you might get tired of this and someone will just have to have it. They just re-paved ( thrwe tar on it) the road to Enjenjo's house. You could have a RAM to RAMbler match race. GPster (I still have mine)

Rayvyn

Quote from: "GPster"They just re-paved ( thrwe tar on it) the road to Enjenjo's house.

"A Marlin on a Hot Tar Road..."

Sounds like a poor farmers musical done by the fine country folks of  Northern Ohio. At least the tires will get a good grip when the road heats up in the summertime. But I'd hate to see what splashes up on the ol' Marlin's body panels...Kinda look like the Pink Panther with chickenpox comin' down the road. :P  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Dam Boy ? Well lets at least meet somewhere this winter for some beers and true stories. I cant believe after all you been thru with the truck that you traded it... :cry: By the way when is the (testicicle) festival....
Dave

SKR8PN

Good to see ya back around Rayvyn :wink:

Dave........ya missed the Test Fest,it is always the last weekend in April :lol:
And trust me when I tell ya,the beer around these parts just BARELY gets cold before they start disappearing :shock:  :roll:  :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

the only constant is change.  

gonna be some changes at my work place, not sure how it will play out.

I'll know more in september
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Good to see ya back around Rayvyn :wink:

Dave........ya missed the Test Fest,it is always the last weekend in April :lol:
And trust me when I tell ya,the beer around these parts just BARELY gets cold before they start disappearing :shock:  :roll:  :lol:

ahhhhhh, NUTS!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

purplepickup

Well Jim, I think you've been to a few too many * festivals.  I told you that eating those things would affect your brain. :(U)   It scares me that talking about eating them got tomslick licking his chops :shock:  :shock:

I've got burned out on cars and sold them in the past.  Sometimes I still have twinges of regret but then I'm one to get quite attached to inanimate things.  It's that Packrat disease.  I'm struggling with parting with much of my stuff right now too.  Oh well....HEY....enjoy your new toy!! :0-0
George

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"Well Jim, I think you've been to a few too many * festivals.  I told you that eating those things would affect your brain. :(U)

brain!?!?!

ah, if i had one of those, i'da NEVER messed with cars...
and SURE AS HELL not do what i do for a living....

It scares me that talking about eating them got tomslick licking his chops :shock:  :shock:

purp, you ever get out this way i'll take ya over to severence for some fries and a beer or two......

bring the bike;)

I've got burned out on cars and sold them in the past.  Sometimes I still have twinges of regret but then I'm one to get quite attached to inanimate things.  It's that Packrat disease.  I'm struggling with parting with much of my stuff right now too.  Oh well....HEY....enjoy your new toy!! :0-0
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Jim....Sorry to hear that you parted with the truck but wish you the best with your new toy!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

moparrodder

Jim, I know it's hard to part with something that you've worked so hard to get on the road but sometimes plans just have to change.  The new ride sure sounds like a hot one and hope ya have good luck with it.  When you get ready for another Mopar rod let me know what you're looking for as some have been poking their heads out of the woodwork around here lately.  I found a 36  5 window Plymouth coupe about 50 miles away from me that is a good daily driver with a 318 and 904, ac and the interior is just being finished, paint is  2 tone blue, new tires and rims, all trim is perfect. wanted 18 k obo before the interior was done. I have a line on a couple more that are in no real hurry to sell yet, but will sell.  Have fun with the new one!!  Bill