New member here!

Started by SMF Speed&Custom, August 20, 2005, 09:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMF Speed&Custom

Well I am a new member here and I thought that I would come and introduce myself before I put up any posts, questions, etc. First off, my name is Shawn and I am 18 years old and live in North Carolina. I used to live in Southern California and grew up there until about 5 years ago and had to move here so I got interested in being a gear head out there of course. I own a 1948 Chevy Coupe and a 1966 Ford F100 truck. The 66 is my everyday driver and the 48 is a huge project that wont be done for probably 2 more years the least. I am still learning a lot and thought that this would be a cool place to sign up and learn some more from. In high school I took 2 years of auto tech and one year of auto body and I am going to college now for my diploma in auto body or collision repair and may get my associates degree in auto tech after my two years of auto body is up.
Well I am guessing that is all there is to know about me so if you guys have any questions, comments, etc then please feel free to ask. I plan to be a frequent poster here on these forums and not just post once and not come back.  :lol:
Thanks!

Shawn-
If you want something done right then you have to do it yourself!

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. I have a 48 fleetline I have yet to start on, I had another one several years ago, and have built several more for other people in the past. I am also working on a 41 chevy coupe for someone.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Welcome....You'll like it around here!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

SMF Speed&Custom

Thanks for the welcome guys. Do you have any pics of your 48? I would like to check it out. Not sure if you know of www.my48chevy.com but they have lots of pictures of some 48's on there.
If you want something done right then you have to do it yourself!

barnsey

Welcome Shawn
You will find plenty of tips tricks do's and don'ts on this site but best of all you will find a great bunch of people who also like to help out other rodders and share a few secrets of their own
cheers Barnsey

Red LeClear

Welcome,I am glad to see you are continuing your education and have plans for your future.  I am a recently retired teacher and when I see guys graduate from High School and don't have any real plans they sometimes end up in trouble.  Old cars and the people around them can be a positive influence on young people and with your car and plans it sounds like you're on the right road.  I think you'll learn alot here, I have.