Bonneville trip report

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, August 22, 2005, 12:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

I'm back from 17 days on the road to the Nats and Bonneville.  12 states and 5400 miles.
Was a great trip with a few problems.  The trip to Louisville was uneventful except for Old Frank had a minor health problem and had to return home Saturday.  I got him a ride back to his car in Muskegon.  On Friday night we went to Stevey Rays for some blues and the locals cut my new $400 tanneau cover and stole my cooler and all our beer and food, sure missed that beer.  Headed west on Saturday morning by my self, I'm good company.
Spent some time in the Colorado Mountains and arrived at Blanding on Tuesday morning.  The rest of Tuesday helping on Hooleys car.  Wednesday was the big hike and 4 wheel extravaganza, I did more riding than hiking, need to get in better shape next year (lose weight!)
Thursday was the trip up to the salt, made one stop for electrical repair on Mike's roadster.  Friday was tech for the Stude and got by with some mods needed for next year.
Sunday Hooley ran out at 212 MPH.  Monday a blower seal problem surfaced and the racing was over.  
Charlie and I left the salt Tuesday morning and made it to Jackson Hole.  Wednesday was a BAD day, I camped in the Teton's Tuesday night and when Charlie joined me in the morning he was having trans trouble (see Charlie's report) anyway after much thrashing we found we could travel in 3rd at 55 to 60, so we started to limp home by going south to avoid the hills.  In the afternoon I blew a tire on my new truck (8000 miles by then).  After a tire change we headed home with no more serious problems.  I left Charlie at noon Friday to get home for some business and Charlie got home Saturday.
Missed Yellowstone this year (missed by 23 miles) but will take a tour next summer.
All in all it was great.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

n.c.rodder

Sounds like you had fun! If I could have went, I would have loved to went with you.

Mike

P.S.
Now get your A** back in the garage and get that coupe done!!
Till we meet - On the street

HotRodLadyCrusr

Ken, I'm really glad to hear your back safe and sound.  Been kinda worried about you.  I had heard about your beer and cooler being stolen on Friday nite.  That really sucks.  I think that parking dude had something to do with it.  We'll have to go look for him next year :twisted:

Anyway, I'm glad your home.  I have some very cool photos to share from L'ville.  Been kinda waiting for you and the rest of the guys to get back before I posted them.

I'll see you in a couple of weeks in Kzoo.

xoxoxox
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

WZ JUNK

Glad you made it home okay.  Thanks again for all your help.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Another good vacation/trip, right pal?

For those who wonder, Crosley has diagnosed the problem with my 700R4 as a burned up 2nd/OD band/drum assy. Thanks, Tony! Appreciate the help.

See everyone in K-zoo.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Ken,Sorry to hear about your misfortune at Stevie Rays.....I think it all was a result of you getting  those "stirrups" cut off your shirt at dinner.You just didn't command the same "respect" as before.....Had you left them on....nobody would have even thought about messing with your stuff!By the way,did your "Date" show up??? Glad you had a good trip overall!!
   Denise....let's see a photo of the "shirt modification"!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Charlie Chops 1940

Stirrups, shirt modifications....there must be a good tale in there somewhere...
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!