Share your knowledge fellas

Started by Rat Rod Mac, August 10, 2005, 08:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rat Rod Mac

I met an old guy over the weekend that tells me he has a '57 Chrysler in his barn that has a 392 hemi in it. Says it ran when he parked it. Did not say how long ago that was though. Says he may part with it. If it's all there and turns over, what do you guys think it's worth? Any pro or con comments are welcome.  Thank you.  RRM

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rat Rod Mac"I met an old guy over the weekend that tells me he has a '57 Chrysler in his barn that has a 392 hemi in it. Says it ran when he parked it. Did not say how long ago that was though. Says he may part with it. If it's all there and turns over, what do you guys think it's worth? Any pro or con comments are welcome.  Thank you.  RRM

Got any pictures?

remember, what one guy rates a 10
may be your 5  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rat Rod Mac

No pictures. Was just getting ready to leave when the subject was brought up.

kb426

I've seen them sell for everything. If it needs rebuilt, you could put 5 grand into it easy.  The blocks are fairly soft so it probably will need bored. The walls are thin so 30 over is it. If the rocker shafts are good and the bushings in the rockers are ok, you won't spend much on the heads. So, what's it worth? Depends on whether you really want a 92 or you just want an engine. For me, the core is worth a couple of hundred. That's a fairly expensive engine to work on. It's really heavy and bulky. It's part throttle response is not real good. They work good wfo and they have eye appeal.
TEAM SMART