Kiwi Invasion

Started by revhed, August 03, 2005, 10:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revhed

More Kiwi's from New Zealand heading your way.Coming over October for the NHRA drags at Las Vegas, then heading back to LA for Goodguys Gas and Fuel Champs,then NHRA racing at Pomona with a heap of stops in between.My plan is to be taking plenty of photos of this trip and was wondering what voltage your power supply is,as we are 240 volt here and was told your 110 volt over there,whether its more cost effitive to buy another charger to suit the lower voltage or Iv'e been told camera batterys are really cheap to buy there also memory sticks for the camera are supposed to be reasonably priced.Its a Kodak DX4330 camera.
Man,I can't wait,10 weeks out and I'm dreami'n about the trip already,its worse than waiting for santa on Christmas morning,(oops did I say that out loud) :D

Crosley.In.AZ

Our common voltage is 110 for regular electrical items...... TV , chargers of batterys & cell phones , etc.

Quote from: "revhed"More Kiwi's from New Zealand heading your way.Coming over October for the NHRA drags at Las Vegas, then heading back to LA for Goodguys Gas and Fuel Champs,then NHRA racing at Pomona with a heap of stops in between.My plan is to be taking plenty of photos of this trip and was wondering what voltage your power supply is,as we are 240 volt here and was told your 110 volt over there,whether its more cost effitive to buy another charger to suit the lower voltage or Iv'e been told camera batterys are really cheap to buy there also memory sticks for the camera are supposed to be reasonably priced.Its a Kodak DX4330 camera.
Man,I can't wait,10 weeks out and I'm dreami'n about the trip already,its worse than waiting for santa on Christmas morning,(oops did I say that out loud) :D
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

All you'll need is an adapter for connecting your Kiwi power socket to the US jobs.  If you can't find one in a store they sell em at the Wellington Internatonal terminal.

The voltage issue is of no consequence and your kiwi batteries will charge up just fine on the whimpy US current.

Not so sure that memory sticks etc are cheaper in the US, but then you are talking 'soth pacafic pesos (Kiwi dollars), so anything is going to be good value by comparison.   :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"Our common voltage is 110 for regular electrical items...... TV , chargers of batterys & cell phones , etc.
Our electric is also 60 cycle AC. Some places that drive on the wrong side of the road only have 50 cycle electric. It shouldn't make a difference on a battery charger that is converting the power to DC anyway but some of your AC powered appliances won't come up to speed. GPster

revhed

Thanks fellers this has been a great help,I'm really looking forward to this trip as everyone Iv'e spoken to thats been over before has been saying it will be a blast,friendly people,sights you won't see anywhere else.
I can't wait to see those top fuelers doing 4.5 second passes,best down here at the moment is low 6's.
                                         cheers Neil. :lol:

hotrodbob

When you guys get to the L.A. Area and /or Goodguys let me know I can help. We have the weekly cruz night at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank and I'll be workin in the tower at Goodguys.
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/