Question for Crosley

Started by Rat Rod Mac, August 08, 2005, 03:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rat Rod Mac

Tony, my rod has a 350 turbo in it with a shift kit one step stronger than stock. When I put it in drive and go to take off I only go about 5 to 10 feet and it shifts into second. I would like it to go a little further before shifting. Someone told me you can put an allen wrench through the hole in the module and adjust this shift. First off, is this true and if so which direction do I turn it and roughtly how many turns. I was going to give it a half turn clockwise and see what happens.The module is the canister type. Thought I might check with you first. Thanks in advance,   RRM

Crosley.In.AZ

IF your vacuum modulator is adjustable , you need a thin blade type screw driver .  I have several different lengths of welding rod smashed flat and filed into shape if you do not have a thin screw driver to use

Insert it in the nipple where the vacuum hose attaches, turn the screw clockwise as you look at the modulator.  2 full turns will make a difference.

From your discription of the shift timing , this may not help much.

If your  t-350 had a shift improver kit installed, there may have been different springs for the governor installed. these springs cause shifts to happen sooner
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rat Rod Mac

Hey Tony, thank you very much. I'll give it a try.   RRM