Do NOT buy your wheels from.....

Started by midnight sun, August 13, 2005, 07:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnight sun

Stockton Wheel.  Absolutely the worst service I have had in a long time.  I ordered some 14 x 6 nostalgia wheels the last week in May.  I was told 4-5 weeks.  On June 28 I called and asked what the status was.  They told me they had made up the wrong wheel for me and had to start over. They promised they would be done in a week.  I called back on July 25.  They said they had gotten really busy but that they would be done for sure by the next Thursday.  I called yesterday and got the same run around.  I unloaded on them but unfortunately no one else can match the rear wheels I got from them a while back so Im stuck.  Just a heads up.  These guys are pitiful and don't mind lying to you on a regular basis.

Later
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

phat46

Seems like it is difficult to get wheels anywhere. There has been a couple threads on another board about the same thing. It seems that nearly everyone has problems with the wheel places. I want to get some chrome reverse "Milner" type wheels but it seems all the places i have checked for them have a bad rep for service. Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to "make" an original style wheel in a timely manner. Thanks for the heads up.

I have dealt with several wheel companies in the past with less than acceptable results.The last few sets of wheels have been purchased from Pete at The Early Wheel Company Inc. in Santa Ynez California...Ph:805-688-1187.Give Pete a try....you will be pleasantly surprised at the great customer service,fair prices and the quality of the product.He will make nearly any size wheel with any backspace,chrome or bare steel,has a full line of trim rings and caps...I usually have him ship them directly to my powder coater and I have been extremely happy with the product and timely delivery.Sorry if this sounds like a commercial but it's refreshing when you find a quality place to do business.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Bib_Overalls

I have used Wheel Vintiques a couple of times.  Good product shipped on time.

Lot of noise about Stockton wheel.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

phat rat

Quote from: "40"I have dealt with several wheel companies in the past with less than acceptable results.The last few sets of wheels have been purchased from Pete at The Early Wheel Company Inc. in Santa Ynez California...Ph:805-688-1187.Give Pete a try....you will be pleasantly surprised at the great customer service,fair prices and the quality of the product.He will make nearly any size wheel with any backspace,chrome or bare steel,has a full line of trim rings and caps...I usually have him ship them directly to my powder coater and I have been extremely happy with the product and timely delivery.Sorry if this sounds like a commercial but it's refreshing when you find a quality place to do business.

I need to second that Pete is an alright guy. I've bought wheels from him in the past and they've always been right on the money for specs. However I certainly can't say the same for Stockton. I ordered wheels from them for a truck I was building and their definition of quality control was that as long as the wheels were + or - !/8" on the backspace that was fine and couldn't understand why I didn't want to accept that kind of indifference to holding things within specs. I wouldn't buy wheels from them for a kids wagon
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

C9

There's a wheel outfit in Visalia, California where I lived up to last summer.

Wheels of Steel is the name.

They have the same style wheels that Vintique and Stockton Wheel do.

Local, walk-in service was great, the owner - Jeff - was a good guy to deal with and would go the extra mile for you.
He always delivered when he said he would.

He does ship wheels and I have no experience in how well he does that, but I'd give him  a shot before I ordered from anybody else.

He did the wheels on my 31 and welded them all the way around as required by SCTA rules.
The wheels ran quite true in my opinion.
Better than a lot of stock steel wheels I've seen.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Leon

Quote from: "40"The last few sets of wheels have been purchased from Pete at The Early Wheel Company Inc. in Santa Ynez California...Ph:805-688-1187.

I agree - been dealing with him for years and have never had any problems.  Always quick service.

Crosley.In.AZ

yea... what happened to Stockton wheel?  many ppl reporting problems with them
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)