a/c install

Started by alchevy, July 06, 2005, 10:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

You can bend those lines so they point down with a tube bender, and then run the lines under the core support.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

alchevy

I was able to drop the condensor down some and made the hard lines go under the radiator. May not worry about hooking up the heat right now and just work on the a/c part for now. Who needs heat anyway right now? Last night you could slice the humidity with your hand when walking outside without doing any work. Speaking of work...got to get busy if I'm going to have air for the trip to Louisville. Nick has practically built an entire car during the same ammount of time I have had this a/c unit to install!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

I took some pieces of aluminum and my spare dash over to a friend's house the last couple of nights after work and he helped me put the vents in place. It turned out sharper than I thought it would be. I took the clock out of the glove compartment door and we fitted one vent in there for now. Did all of this without having to cut holes in my dash. Just used existing ones. I will have to curve the lower vent's aluminum piece to match the dash. Might have to catch it with some screws under the dash.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

alchevy

Just ran out of time to have air by Louisville, but have made it without it before for two trips up there and back, what's one more year? A friend of mine got the hoses made up and installed on the car.

Saturday night was our cruise night and this time we did cruise somewhere. Had about 8 cars cruising up the Natchez Trace Parkway and we ate at a new restaurant in Clinton, MS. It was fun cruising even if it did rain on us for part of the cruise. Here's the list of cars that were on the cruise: a '31 Chevy Pickup, a '37 Chevy Pickup, a classic Mustang, a red Plymouth Prowler, a '69 Ford Fairlane Cobra, a classic T-bird, and my '40 Chevy + one civilian car. When we left, the Prowler and T-bird had their tops down so they had to stop and put them back up. The guy with the Prowler has another one too...a yellow Chrysler Prowler. Reason he has two of them: He has two sons.

www.astreetrodder.com