What year??

Started by 1FATGMC, August 02, 2005, 12:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FATGMC

A friend of mine found this on his farm.  Anyone know what chevy it came off of and the year.  He wants to e-bay it.

Thanks, Sum

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "1FATGMC"A friend of mine found this on his farm.  Anyone know what chevy it came off of and the year.  He wants to e-bay it.

Thanks, Sum

The pack of cigarettes, the hand and the billfold I can figure out but the tail light I am not sure of.   It looks to me to be around a 30 model.  I bet George would know.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

1FATGMC

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"A friend of mine found this on his farm.  Anyone know what chevy it came off of and the year.  He wants to e-bay it.

Thanks, Sum

The pack of cigarettes, the hand and the billfold I can figure out but the tail light I am not sure of.   It looks to me to be around a 30 model.  I bet George would know.

You are a big help  :roll: .

I don't smoke, the hand isn't mine (do you recognize it) and you had better keep your hands off the billfold.

Are you all ready to go?

c ya, Sum

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "1FATGMC"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"

Thanks, Sum

You are a big help  :roll: .

I don't smoke, the hand isn't mine (do you recognize it) and you had better keep your hands off the billfold.

Are you all ready to go?

c ya, Sum

Packing to leave today and tomorrow.  Big hat, Bonneville sunglass, sunscreen,...   Probably call you tonight.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

Chevy used that style light on '31-'32 cars and '31-'39 trucks.  Here's a couple pics of the one off my '31 sedan.  I'm pretty sure the car ones where plated and the truck lights were painted....but then my sedan had a painted housing and a plated rim.  Who knows? :?   I've seen them both with the bowtie connector in the middle of the outer ring and without.   I'm not sure what the difference is.   I don't know much more than John....that's my final answer :wink:

George