Street Rods By Michael.

Started by Dave, March 11, 2004, 06:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

As most of you know I purchased my 32 rolling chassis and body from SRby Michael. Ive been in contact with him the last few days with some
questions on my car. I noticed the other day that I had some brake fluid dripping fronm the master cylinder cover and it looks like I may have to replace the M/C and I asked Michael if he could tell me the part number. He did and thru advance auto its really cheap so no big deal im going to just buy the replacement this weekend weather it ends up I need it or not.
The other question I had for him was the settings on the viper coil over shocks on the rear. He told me what they set them at as far as the dampening and spring height.  I send him an email back about cranking the adjusters up on the springs and he answered and asked me to check the weight on the springs. I think ill have to pull a shock and take the spring off to find the weight but no big deal we both want it right.
I guess what im getting at here is the service after the sale thing.
Michael has been great . Its nice to find someone that cares that after all the hard work the little things are right too. I noticed one day while we were assembling the frame that there were no stainless nylock nuts holding the spring perches on the axle just regular nuts. I emailed him and he sent them to me 2 days later. No ones perfect and if the springs are wrong we will deal with it and however it works out ill make sure I have the right springs. At least he is concerned that I may have the wrong springs and ride quality may not be what it should be.
This is not meant as spam or a plug for Michael just my 2 cents on a good experience with a dealer.
Dave

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "N8DC"This is not meant as spam or a plug for Michael just my 2 cents on a good experience with a dealer.

These are the things that are good to know, and nice to hear!

I'd love to see your car up close!  ...It looks great in the pics, but I'm guessing it is even nicer in "real life."
:b-d:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Roadstar

It is a pleasure to deal with a vendor like that.

Leon

Quote from: "N8DC"I noticed the other day that I had some brake fluid dripping fronm the master cylinder cover and it looks like I may have to replace the M/C
Dave
One thing I noticed on my Torino, I had the same problem and when I took the M/C off I noticed that the top lip wasn't perfectly smooth, more like a sandblasted finish from the rebuilder.  I took it apart, then hit the top on my belt sander with some 100 paper, and then cleaned it and reassembled.  Made a big difference.