32 Vicky Update

Started by Nick32Vic, July 20, 2005, 03:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick32Vic

We have 14 days until we leave for the nationals. Hopefully gonna take it for a test drive sometime early next week.

I didn't want to post these pics until i got the whitewalls on the front and set the car on the ground, but what the heck. Heres the pictures.

Oh ya, the motor runs, and it sounds really cool with the baffles in the headers.

Ill see everyone at the nationals!

:D

Nick

Nick32Vic

Nick32Vic

sorry, i just figured out how to post multiple pics in one post.  :oops:

Nick

enjenjo

Looks good. I look forward to seeing it there.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Lookin' good. Nice to see a Ford.
TEAM SMART

Dirk35

Looks Awesome!

Please tell me about the frame. I need one for my 34 ford Sedan and am thinking of aftermarket this time so I can save myself a lot of build time!

alchevy

Ok, I'm nowhere near being a Ford expert, so please tell me about that rear door on that car. Only seen similar ones on sedan deliverys, never seen one on a car like this one.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Nick32Vic

Dirk, Actually, we just had the American Stamping rails with the front and rear crossmembers in it. We built everything else.

Took alot of time to make it square and level. We made the boxing plates, just cut em with a plasma cutter. Then we also made the crossmember out of 1x2 rectangular tubing.

40chevy, We made the door in the back. Since we channeled the car it would be near impossible to get anything behind the seats. So we made a door to make the area behind the seats easily accesible.

We made door jambs out of wood, then glued them in from the inside. Then we got the hinges in place. When we thought everything was right, we cut out the door and it opened right up. Then we just glassed around the wood for the door jambs. It took alot of time and thought to make that door.

Nick

47wood

Nice to see so much hard work come together so nicely.  Congrats Nick and thanks for sharing.  Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Brootal

That's gonna  be a great car when it's all done.

Well done guys, good luck getting it all done. If the motor's running, you're half way there. :)
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

alchevy

Quote from: "Nick32vic"We made the door in the back.Nick

It looks great! Just like it was supposed to be there. That's craftsmanship. I like to look for things like that at car shows that shows off best engineering talent.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Look forward to seeing it in Louisville in a couple of weeks with your smiling mug behind the wheel!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

BFS57

Hello;
Super nice Victoria!, glad to see hard work is paying off! Keep it up! I have a Victoria as well.  Love to cruise with the whole family!
Mine has a back seat! What can I say, I have too many butts in my family for me to have a roadster! (Thats what I really wanted).

Bruce