O/T - Military discount at Home Depot this weekend

Started by purplepickup, July 02, 2005, 09:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

HD is giving a 10% military discount thru the 4th to past and present military people.  I might have to make up a list.  I'm adding on to a storage barn so I need a bunch of lumber and I need some stuff for the trailer I'm building.  

I still haven't got a new table saw either so it looks like a good time to pick up the one C9 suggested.  I've been waiting for it to go on sale.  Might even have to apply for the 12 month 0% credit card too...then cut it up.

I don't think this is spam....I don't own Home Depot....darn it.  I just thought I'd mention it in case a veteran has been waiting for a sale.  Now if I can just find my discharge papers from 35 yrs ago... :D

There's details on their website
George

slocrow

How about just your dog tags, George. Thanks for the FYI...........
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Bib_Overalls

Last time they did that there was a $2,000 cap.  I bought about $150 worth of stuff and saved $15.  The only down side is you can go broke saving money like that!
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Leon

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Last time they did that there was a $2,000 cap.  I bought about $150 worth of stuff and saved $15.  The only down side is you can go broke saving money like that!
Several years back they had that deal and I bought $6000 worth of lumber and supplies to build the shop.  Saved $600 - right after that I go in and see a big sign saying $2000 max purchase.  I lucked out!

purplepickup

Well I just got home, saved $60, and have 12 months to pay off the remaining $540 at 0%.  It was worth the trip.  Just last week the old beat up aluminum extension ladder I've been fighting with forever, came apart when I was just stepping onto the 4th step. :shock:   Now I've got a nice new fiberglass one.  Also got the Ryobi BT3100 table saw like C9's.  

I passed on buying a lot of lumber because it wouldn't get used right away.  I like to build with fresh lumber before it gets a chance to warp.  I did pick up about 10 sheets of various sizes of  plywood.  I like to have a stash for small projects.  It stays pretty straight if it's laying flat.

Well, I gotta go set up a saw. :D
George

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"Well I just got home, saved $60, and have 12 months to pay off the remaining $540 at 0%.  It was worth the trip.  Just last week the old beat up aluminum extension ladder I've been fighting with forever, came apart when I was just stepping onto the 4th step. :shock:   Now I've got a nice new fiberglass one.  Also got the Ryobi BT3100 table saw like C9's.  

I passed on buying a lot of lumber because it wouldn't get used right away.  I like to build with fresh lumber before it gets a chance to warp.

you trying to say you were built with old wood?

I did pick up about 10 sheets of various sizes of  plywood.  I like to have a stash for small projects.  It stays pretty straight if it's laying flat.

Well, I gotta go set up a saw. :D
[/b]
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

47wood

I'm sure I can find something there I can't do without even with the $2,000 cap.  Thanks George,  Cal :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Crosley.In.AZ

the H-Depot does this similar deal often....

in 2000 when we added landscaping to the front yard,  we signed up for the credit card, got 0% for 1 year , 10% off stuff to a $1500 limit ( IIRC ).  Paid the card $$ amount off , canceled the card a month or 2 later.

We did the same thing at Lowes last year
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

apparently this  vet discount is availabe year round :!:  :!:  :!: they just advertise it around patriotic holidays.

this according to my sister (who lurks here) who along with being a vet herself is married to a recently retired career man. she says that Lowes has this discount year round as well.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

purplepickup

Quote from: "river1"apparently this  vet discount is availabe year round........Lowes has this discount year round as well.

later jim
That's good to know.  I feel kind of stupid now....waiting 4 months for a "sale" to buy a table saw that I've needed all spring. :|
George

grazza

Geeze you blokes get it nice, noone cares about ex-service folks over here, including the guvmint, unless they's an ex service person themselves.  Support those that support you and tell them you appreciate it while your doing it.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

river1

Quote from: "river1"apparently this  vet discount is availabe year round :!:  :!:  :!: they just advertise it around patriotic holidays.

this according to my sister (who lurks here) who along with being a vet herself is married to a recently retired career man. she says that Lowes has this discount year round as well.

later jim

apparently this info is wrong. it is up to the individual store as to wether it's year round or not. so call before you count on the discount as some do and some don't.

sorry for the misinformation. :oops:  :oops:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

47wood

I went the July 4th weekend, showed my retired ID and was given a 10% coupon that I used to buy a new super fan for the shop.  No problems or questions.  Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!