Where you buy your gas is very important!

Started by BFS57, July 18, 2005, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFS57

Hello All!
Got an email from a friend I thought you all might like to know about. As I am not a computer genius, I will put down in words what I read.

"Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends".
" I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil:"

Shell                    205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco     144,332,000 barrels
Exxon/Mobil          130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco                  62,231,000 barrels

"If you do the math @ $60/barrel, these imports amount to over $36 Billion!"

"Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:"

Citgo                         0 barrels
Sunoco                      0 barrels
Conoco                      0 barrels
Sinclair                      0 barrels
BP/phillips                  0 barrels
Hess                          0 barrels
ARCO                        0 barrels

"All of this information is available from the Department of Energy, and each company is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing."

I don't know about the rest of you fellow car hobbiest but I took this message to hart and made a list to put in my cars (57 Chevy & '32 Ford) and I try to "pay attention" where I purchase my gas.

Bruce

mu1s9t6a9ng

hey not to rain on ur parade or ne thing but this is a chain letter and at one time i thought this had been a false one and so i did some research and it is....you can go to this site to read about it and see why you shouldn't believe every thing you get in ur email....it's a pretty good analysis on the site of why the email isn't true.....but i'm all for boycotting importation of middle eastern oil if it is supporting terroism but most of it is not.

patrick.....

oh almost forgot the site address:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-boycott-oil.htm?iam=metaresults&terms=amoco+gasoline+ads

BFS57

Hello!

I don't think that all the numbers are totally right on what I read in the email I got, but it sure starts you to "THINKING"! We should all be THINKING!

I can bet that out of all the billions of dollars received for oil, you would find yourself hard pressed to account for all of it!

Bruce

mu1s9t6a9ng

agreed.....sorry i didn't mean to seem like i was knockin ya or ne thing....and i agree emails like this do make you think and question our corporate ways