Anglia ute hotrod

Started by rx4ord, May 16, 2005, 10:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rx4ord

Anyone rodding an Anglia ute on here? I am building one in Aus. at the moment.I have pics of the build but am too useless to post pics.My son has posted them for me on another site after I emailed them to him.My jigger has full ind.susp. all round,4 wheel discs,very hot Mazda rotary running a 650 Spreadbore and 5 speed box.Homebuilt chassis and custom built tubular A arm front susp. Only work farmed out is shortening of rear drive shafts and wheel redrilling.Hope to be mobile in about 2 months.
When I was young I went hard and fast.Now I\'m old I still go hard, only slower

rx4ord

79 views and no comments.I thought Anglia utes were interesting to you fellas in the states.Maybe it's only Dean at Anglia Obsolete.Dave

phat rat

I've never seen an Anglia Ute. Utes of any kind are very rare over here. I don't know of anyone on this board that has a Ute of any brand. How about posting some pics of yours?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

This is not Dave's car (although his is exactly the same body) but for those that have never seen one here is one! They were only ever made in Australia (not even made in England!) and were also available as Prefects (but they are not as attractive). They were once very common here but not so many around now. There are a few rodded and restored ones around but getting rarer.

This one runs a 2TG Twin Cam Celica engine, 5 speed and Celica diff. Great looking little rod and very much a 'mini Ranchero' but well before they were ever made. True Aussie coupe utes started being factory built here in 1934 (Ford first, followed closely by Chev and later Plymouth/Dodge) and are still made today. (though the last true Chev coupe ute was in 1952)

There was talk that our current GM Holden ute (almost identical in style to the Aussie Pontiac GTO but a 'ute') would become the new El Camino over there but not sure if that will eventuate. Better include a photo of one. This is the Aussie SS version with 5.7 Chev and 6 speed etc (same running gear as the GTO).

phat rat

I thought Utes were cool the first time I ever saw one. But as I said they are pretty rare over here and usually go for a good price.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

rx4ord

Thanks for the enlightening pics Dave and that Holden promo wasn't bad either :lol: Phat rat I still don't get the pic posting bit but my son did some for me on another site if you wish to have a look.They are at www.eziracing.com go to their rotary section ,look for rxfords anglia ute and there you go.Dave

Dave

You can go straight to it at the below URL
http://www.eziracing.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=863
If anyone wants to see pics or know more about Aussie Utes or Slopers just ask!

Dave

There has been an update of the Anglia Ute project put up on the above link for those interested.

rx4ord

If there is any one who wants to see progress pics of the Anglia ute go to www.ozrodders.com   Come over to the new Aussie site and pay us a visit.We were made very welcome here,even Choco,so we can only hope to pay you back for your hospitality.Dave

longislandvic

ive seen two over here,  but my first born male son is too importent to me so ill just dream :lol:  :lol:

Leon

Dave - I noticed in the pictures a few cars only run headlights on one side, is that a rules thing over there?

rx4ord

I'm not sure what you mean Leon.Headlights on one side.All the cars here have to run 2 lights as you do there.Maybe it is an American joke and I didn't get it.Dave