Got the Rambler home at last!

Started by Brootal, June 30, 2005, 07:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brootal

Finally brought the Rumbler home yesterday. Had some problems with fuel blockages (I think). Forgot to replace the old filter and ended up with a fair bit of sediment in the carb. Not sure if that would cause it to stop, but it wasn't realy happy.

Got a new filter on it and fired it up and everything seems OK, but it's absolutely POURING DOWN at the moment, so I'm not game to go out and test my luck.

Anyway, some pics...

The engine... back where it belongs. I mean... it did look nice on the engine stand and all, but I've got stairs from the garage to the lounge room and it would've been too hard to cart it up there, so I put it in the engine bay instead.

T'other side...

The amazing fan shroud...

Here's a shot of the remote oil filter that I have to run to clear the steering box.

My new 'twice pipes'

You can kind of see from here how the angle cuts follow the angle of the bumper.

...and back in the shed...

Not bad considering this is how it looked at 4:08am on Saturday 18th of June. i.e. the day before deadline...

Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

sirstude

Looks great, but you have all the pictures backwards, drives from the wrong side.  LOL

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Brootal". . . snip . . .
The engine... back where it belongs. I mean... it did look nice on the engine stand and all, but I've got stairs from the garage to the lounge room and it would've been too hard to cart it up there, so I put it in the engine bay instead.
. . . snip . . .

Very tidy Boris; a real sleeper isn't it.
I like the way you 'baloney cut' the pipes ends too.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "sirstude"Looks great, but you have all the pictures backwards, drives from the wrong side.  LOL

Doug

Thank goodness someone else noticed that too, I thought
I was having an acid flashback  :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

jaybee

Shouldn't it be a Rambler Australian instead?

You're really paying attention to the details, it's a very cool ride.  I haven't seen those venetian blind type window louvers in a lot of years.  IMO they add to the sleeper image.  Great work Brootal!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

rumrumm

It looks as good in the car as it does on the stand, Boris. Let us know how many dogs you scald with it!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Brootal

Quote from: "rumrumm"It looks as good in the car as it does on the stand, Boris. Let us know how many dogs you scald with it!

Taking it pretty easy at the moment as I'm still running it in, but I can say it sure feels like it wants to GO! :)

Gave it a little bit of a rev to about 5000 in first with fairly light throttle, barely got into the secondaries and it felt pretty good. Can't wait to give it a real caning and see what she'll do down the quarter.

Picked up a new trans cooler this weekend, so I'll have to mount that and re-route the lines as the current one is mounted under the fender and I'm not sure it's doing much good. Need to mount it in front of the rad I think.

Got a slight leak out of one of the remote lines too which I thought I'd fixed, but I'll have to sort that out too. It's amazing how far run-in oil spreads!!!
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com