Boyds wheels any good?

Started by Filo, June 15, 2005, 04:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filo

Hi, new here. I know in some circles a lot of people don't like Boyd. But I like some of his wheels and would like to run a set on my car. Just wondering if anyone has a set and what the quality is like?

I'd be putting them on a 32 Ford, three window. Fiberglass car.

nzsimon

Yeah the series didn't do him any favours

I have a set on my car and the guy who mounted the tires makes three piece wheels for the racing industry his opinion was that they were very good
They run very true
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Filo

That's good to hear. The wheels aren't cheap so I wanted a few opinions from other customers before I buy a set.

Thanks, nzsimon.

Grandadeo

A buddy of mine has Boyd's on his Vickie hiboy and has been very satisfied with them.  He did have one problem, he bent one of the hoops.  Not the wheel's fault, he hit a MAJOR pot hole on the interstate.  He sent the wheel back and they replaced the hoop, for a fee of course.  But it was less than buying another wheel.  Their service was fast and he was happy with the whole process.  He plans to buy a set for his next car so I guess that says it all.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Filo

This is encouraging so far, thanks.

Does the finish hold up well with normal care?

Crosley.In.AZ

A kid at work just bought a set of used Boyds wheels with tires  off eBay.  

The kid has a Ford F-150 Lightning truck and he ain't too easy on the truck.  He says "no problems" with the tires and wheels
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Mr Cool

My brother has had Boyds on his car for about 3 years now, still nice and shiny. He does look after his car though, but still not afraid to drive it in ANY weather.
The only problem he's had is the logo in the centre caps keep fading, and its garaged most of the time too.

Ive just purchased INTRO wheels for the tudor, so far Im very pleased with them too. Only time will tell though.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

MilesM

I bought a car with a set on it. They seem like high quality but the logo (sticker) on the center caps are coming off.