1985 Blazer subframe to '30 Model - How not to

Started by Pope Downunder, June 22, 2005, 07:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

Quote from: "jaybee"
Quote from: "Crosley"absolute pile of crap work.

the body is worth more alone.......  imho

Can't disagree with that.  It's clear the chassis needs to be thrown away and you can't just put it on the curb for the garbage man!

aw, c'mon, it CAN'T be that hard to dump a pile of scrap metal in desmoneys iowa.....

the rear end has got to be worth something (the 2.8 v6 prolly isn't)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

parklane

OK guys, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think!! :lol:  :lol:  :shock:
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

jaybee

Quote from: "tomslik"aw, c'mon, it CAN'T be that hard to dump a pile of scrap metal in desmoneys iowa.....

Well, if I go to the right neighborhood I could probably roll it off into someone's front yard and it would never be noticed!   :twisted:

Dunno how common this is, but the scrap metal dealers around here aren't fond of taking cars if you don't have a title, unless they know you.  They don't want to dispose of the evidence of a car that's been stripped.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

tomslik

Quote from: "jaybee"
Quote from: "tomslik"aw, c'mon, it CAN'T be that hard to dump a pile of scrap metal in desmoneys iowa.....

Well, if I go to the right neighborhood I could probably roll it off into someone's front yard and it would never be noticed!   :twisted:

Dunno how common this is, but the scrap metal dealers around here aren't fond of taking cars if you don't have a title, unless they know you.  They don't want to dispose of the evidence of a car that's been stripped.

time to get to know your scrapyard owner...
i have NO problems but they also know i don't mess with stolen cars
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Fat Cat

Quote from: "jaybee"Dunno how common this is, but the scrap metal dealers around here aren't fond of taking cars if you don't have a title, unless they know you.  They don't want to dispose of the evidence of a car that's been stripped.

Well around here if you take a car and cut it in half and take one half in on one week and the other half in the next they do not even consider it a car anymore. They do not even ask for a title in that condition. And frames are not even looked at ever.

grazza

Whizzer24, that 48 of yours looks the goods, dont keep it in the shed a very nice unit, but you have made the same mistake a lot of you guys over there a making, if I may give you a little advice, - MATE the steering wheel is on the wrong god * side again.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

jaybee

Quote from: "grazza"- MATE the steering wheel is on the wrong god * side again.

Yeah, you see that a lot over here!  ;)
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

whizzer24

ya know thats funny i was thinking the same thing maybe split the difference and put it in the middle ?    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4383012&uid=2242046&members=1

Phat

Funny thing there 100s of cars trucks laying around because the rumor of how "EASY" and s-10 swap is.  It aint and 99% of the time looks like trash with the wheels in the wrong spot. :shock:  Saw one the other day the guy cut the fender and moved the wheel opening.....what a mess and it only took him 5 years to do.
Too bad all experts in this S-10 craze would not show how wonderfull it really is  LOL :P
This one should say"I read how to do this on  www."
Old racers go in deep and come out hard