1950`s California Motor cycle shop signs

Started by Santa Fe Bri, June 10, 2005, 04:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe Bri

Hi Guys     Does any of you Greybeards out there remember any California Motor cycle shop addresses from the 1950`s. I would like to have a 50`s motor cycle shop sign put on the doors of my 33 Ford pick em up truck. I used to be a biker in the 50`s & had a 1951 Triumph Trophy. Hope someone can help. Cheers Brian 8)

av8

Go for broke -- Johnson Motors, Inc. was the western-states distributor for Triumph and Ariel motorcycles in the '30s-'60s.

Their address was . . .

Johnson Motors, Inc.
267 W. Colorado Boulevard
Pasadena,  California

http://www.johnsonmotorsinc.com/history/history_jomoinc.htm

Santa Fe Bri

Thanks a lot av8 thats just the thing I wanted. Cheers Brian :b-d:

Santa Fe Bri

Thanks again av8 Ive just been on Johnson`s Web site & its just what Ive been looking for . Thank you for your time.  Brian  8)

Santa Fe Bri

Thanks a lot av8 thats just the thing I wanted. Cheers Brian :b-d:

av8

Quote from: "Santa Fe Bri"Thanks a lot av8 thats just the thing I wanted. Cheers Brian :b-d:

You're welcome, Brian. I look forward to seeing the truck with signage.

JOMO was a favorite place to visit when I was in Pasadena.  In addition to a tasteful display of motorcycles in their spacious showroom, there were superb pedestal-mounted engine cutaways of an Ariel Square Four, a Triumph Speed Twin, and a Triump Tiger Cub. Probably in someone's private collection now . . .

Mike

Santa Fe Bri

Hi  Mike     The shop looks great, Triumphs were my favourate bikes, I had Two 51 Trophys, 53 T100, & a 53 Speedtwin so Im sure you can understand why I want this sign on my Hot Rod.  My 33 Ford Pk Up is just being painted now, it will be Saturn Black with Teracotta red under the black. I will rub thru the black so you can see the red in places to give the truck a weathered look also the same with the sign on the doors. its got red wheels & white wall tires, Should be finished at the end of this summer.I will then place it on this site. Can`t wait to go cruzin.  Cheers Brian :b-d: