Spring Bushings....

Started by Sean, March 10, 2004, 01:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

The Bushings for the front of my leaf springs are totally trashed and NAPA says they can't get them. Anybody know another source for '65 F-100 suspension parts?

NAPA had them in their books, but when they called the supplier, they were told that those bushings were no longer available. They tried ordering F-150 bushings, but they were all Metal. Mine are rubber with a steel sleeve. I would have went ahead and used the solid Metal ones, but they were too small in diameter.

I guess if nothing else, I can switch to ladder bars and coil-overs.

Sean

Another question. There used to be a company called "Godfathers Customs", or something like that, that had dropped I beams and spindles that would work on my truck. I tried Google and couldn't find their website so they may be out of business. I figure if I am going to try and swap to disc brakes, I might as well just buy dropped spindles for a later model truck.

I know there are other outfits selling the stuff, but who would be the best to deal with?

Leon

Try Rare Parts, they carry a lot of stuff that isn't available elsewhere.  www.rareparts.com

C9

You may be able to get them from Energy Suspension.

They make a lot of different sizes of polyurethane bushings.

All they would need would be the measurements.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

58 Yeoman

I found all new bushings and bolts at a local truck spring shop; he ordered them from a company called Flagg. He also bent new rear axle U-bolts. He had a fire there last night after a couple guys that were welding on a semi left for a break, and the place caught on fire. They figured a million dollars damage. Check around for a similar place.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Sean

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Check around for a similar place.

We do have a Commercial Truck service locally. I never thought about asking them. Mostly Big Trucks setting there, but I have also seen pickups inside their shop. I'll check with them tomorrow.

36vicky

The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

enjenjo

I've had good luck finding bushings for springs at 4x4 shops.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

DanieC

I don't know if you're sorted yet try DJM or Stylin Concepts I bought DJM dream beams, bushes, pins etc from them and I'm impressed