Hot Rods & Haute Cuisine...Are you ready?

Started by DRD57, June 02, 2005, 12:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

Who's going to make it?

Breakfast is at 8:00 AM each day. If you're late, you get to listen to your stomach growl until lunch.

Do a Mapquest from where ever you're going to be to the breakfast locations. There's a few locals and lurkers who will join us too.

enjenjo

I'll be there. and from the looks of it, there will be a bunch. Lets sound off!!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Grandadeo

Don, talked to my buddy Norm ('53 Ply wagon & teardrop) tonight.  He had a ball at the NHRA Cruise.  Been trying to get him to go there for months and he always said his wagon wasn't cool enough, needing paint and all.  Sounds like you may have given him some encouragement.  He's really pumped up about Roadster Show week festivities and of course so am I.  See ya very soon.  I get in Thursday the 9th.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

purplepickup

I'm flying to Phoenix on the 13th, where my driver will pick me up and  take me to LA on the 14th  8)  

If my driver doesn't go on strike we'll be there for the whole week :D
George

DRD57

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Don, talked to my buddy Norm ('53 Ply wagon & teardrop) tonight.  He had a ball at the NHRA Cruise.  Been trying to get him to go there for months and he always said his wagon wasn't cool enough, needing paint and all.  Sounds like you may have given him some encouragement.  He's really pumped up about Roadster Show week festivities and of course so am I.  See ya very soon.  I get in Thursday the 9th.

Lee

Last night at the NHRA Twilight Cruise we all had a great time. Norm's wagon is just about perfect the way it is. Several of us told him NUMEROUS times that he is not allowed to paint that car or disturb the * patina in any way shape or form or serious harm will come upon him. All he needs to do is visit the tire shop to get the tires switched around so the skinny whites are on the inside and drop it about 3" closer to the ground. Done car! Then maybe later when the six starts wheezin' he can rebuild that red ram and swap it in there.

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"I'm flying to Phoenix on the 13th, where my driver will pick me up and  take me to LA on the 14th  8)  

If my driver doesn't go on strike we'll be there for the whole week :D

what's the rate of pay for your driver? :wink:

i know someone willing to work for the right amount. :roll:

see you on the 13th.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

Quote from: "DRD57"
Quote from: "Grandadeo"Don, talked to my buddy Norm ('53 Ply wagon & teardrop) tonight.  He had a ball at the NHRA Cruise.  Been trying to get him to go there for months and he always said his wagon wasn't cool enough, needing paint and all.  Sounds like you may have given him some encouragement.  He's really pumped up about Roadster Show week festivities and of course so am I.  See ya very soon.  I get in Thursday the 9th.

Lee

Last night at the NHRA Twilight Cruise we all had a great time. Norm's wagon is just about perfect the way it is. Several of us told him NUMEROUS times that he is not allowed to paint that car or disturb the * patina in any way shape or form or serious harm will come upon him. All he needs to do is visit the tire shop to get the tires switched around so the skinny whites are on the inside and drop it about 3" closer to the ground. Done car! Then maybe later when the six starts wheezin' he can rebuild that red ram and swap it in there.

any pics of said plymouth?

later jim

Carps

Geez, I feel bad now how am I gunna feel once you buggers start postin about how much fun you are having.   :cry:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Grandadeo

I don't have any pictures so unless Don snapped one at the NHRA cruise and posts it I guess you'll have to see it during the RRT activities.  Norm is supposed to have that week off so we will be hooking up with some of the activities and will fur sure be at Bob's BBQ Saturday night.  It's a great story about that car.  Norm has wanted an old mopar, mainly a '41 coupe (his older brother had one) for the 35 years I've known him.  So every year when I'm in LA I keep looking for something for him.  I love to spend other people's money.  I kinda tried to steer him towards a early mopar wagon cause it would fit his life style better - Teardrop camper, camping, fishing, roof top boat, etc.  He has always liked the idea but we never found one.  So last year at the roadster show in the swap I spy a little picture of the wagon on a bulletin board for sale.  Long story short, he got it from the son of the original owner for a very reasonable price.  Car was up state, ran well, came with extra parts, and the seller delivered it.  That weekend I also spotted a Red Ram Hemi on ebay that ended with no bidders.  Norm contacted the seller and got it for the minimum bid.  Like Don said, when the old 6 banger gives it up Norm will have the little Hemi to bolt in like it grew there from the factory.  Needless to say Norm is one happy camper now, and a very good friend to provide my lodging and transportation for the last 13 roadster shows.
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

DRD57

Quote from: "river1"
any pics of said plymouth?

later jim

river1

ric

Quote from: "DRD57"Who's going to make it?

Breakfast is at 8:00 AM each day. If you're late, you get to listen to your stomach growl until lunch.

Do a Mapquest from where ever you're going to be to the breakfast locations. There's a few locals and lurkers who will join us too.

I am flying into Ontario Fri 8:30 am, renting my "mid-size" hot rod at the airport and blasting out, any idea of time line after breakfast ? Figured I'd try and hook up somewhere along the line.

enjenjo

Quote from: "ric"
Quote from: "DRD57"Who's going to make it?

I am flying into Ontario Fri 8:30 am, renting my "mid-size" hot rod at the airport and blasting out, any idea of time line after breakfast ? Figured I'd try and hook up somewhere along the line.

PM me, I'll hook you up with my cell number. That goes for anyone that would like it.

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"PM me, I'll hook you up with my cell number. .

Man, I didn't even know you wuz in Jail.   :shock:

Wat did you do wrong?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

QuoteWat did you do wrong?

I failed to turn you in the last time you were here :lol: