Mallory 6A Hy Fire / ballast resistor

Started by Topsterguy, May 21, 2005, 07:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Hey Folks!  When running a Mallory idnition module (6A) is better to run a ballast resistor with it or not..................or does it HAVE to have the BR?  I've got an MSD (6A) one in my roadster, don't run a ballast resistor, and have had no problems at all in over 25,000 miles. So far I've still got the BR in the coupe with the Mallory setup. Waddyathink??
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Topsterguy"Hey Folks!  When running a Mallory idnition module (6A) is better to run a ballast resistor with it or not..................or does it HAVE to have the BR?  I've got an MSD (6A) one in my roadster, don't run a ballast resistor, and have had no problems at all in over 25,000 miles. So far I've still got the BR in the coupe with the Mallory setup. Waddyathink??

Hmmmmmm, was it something I said????  :)
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

Nah... I don't have any experience with a Hyfire,so I'm keeping my mouth shut. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

What does Mallory say?  

Or is this unit as old as enjenjo

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Jbird

If it's that old it's not even a classic anymore it's a bonafide antique.

Check Mallory's web site. They have a lot of info there.
      Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Topsterguy

Y'mean enjenjo isn't a young whippersnapper????? :shock:

enjenjo

Just so you all know, I have revised my ASL, you are now 2, and 3. Tony is permanent number 1.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"Just so you all know, I have revised my ASL, you are now 2, and 3. Tony is permanent number 1.

which finger do you use to signify that one enjenjo?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

wooo hooo,

I am number one,  I am number one,  I am number one,  I am number one

Quote from: "enjenjo"Just so you all know, I have revised my ASL, you are now 2, and 3. Tony is permanent number 1.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"wooo hooo,

I am number one,  I am number one,  I am number one,  I am number one

Yeah, yeah, yeah, but you smell like number 2 :shock: