From Frame up #4...We Gotta Roller

Started by Dusty, May 24, 2005, 05:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Hello again,
I figured before I tried the Cab on the frame, and welded in the frame mounts, It might be a good idea to set the motor and transmission in to make sure I had distributor/firewall clearance.  The rearend had to be completely rebuilt.  New bearings all the way around.  I redid the carrier and pinion bearings and reset the lash and pre-load...Everything came out with the right indications on the gear mesh.  I've done a few of these over the years, but it's been a while.  So with that I added the tires, and dropped in the engine, and rolled it outside.  It's a good feeling when you finally have a "Roller".  If you will notice in the picture, the rear transmission cross member, is "Wolmanized",  It will never rust out...or Rot.
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Dusty"Hello again,
I figured before I tried the Cab on the frame, and welded in the frame mounts, It might be a good idea to set the motor and transmission in to make sure I had distributor/firewall clearance.  The rearend had to be completely rebuilt.  New bearings all the way around.  I redid the carrier and pinion bearings and reset the lash and pre-load...Everything came out with the right indications on the gear mesh.  I've done a few of these over the years, but it's been a while.  So with that I added the tires, and dropped in the engine, and rolled it outside.  It's a good feeling when you finally have a "Roller".  If you will notice in the picture, the rear transmission cross member, is "Wolmanized",  It will never rust out...or Rot.

Looks really good.  

I worked on some parts for the "Super Stude"  the "Just Glad to be Here" today.  I have a lot to do.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

EMSjunkie

ATTA BOY Benny!!!

looks good. I'm looking forward to your progress.
I'm taking notes.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dirk35

You had better pick up the pace there Dusty! If you dont, youll end up getting it running in no time at all............ and will never beat my record of getting one running every 5 or 6 or so years! :) HeHe.

It looks good, and your making awesome progress.