O/T Not a good time

Started by jaybee, May 23, 2005, 06:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burtrido

Dude I know exactly where you are comming from . A few years back I worked for a major sign company here in Aust.  Their managment style was identicle to the place you described.

The job involved me working on average 90+ hours a week all the time, being put into situations that where made unworkable by people who came from outside the industry and placed into a senior management  position  to then hire staff with no experince (or interest ) for me to manage. ie. make work and produce a quality product in a record time.

And when these people screwed up, it was me that had to do the explaining. After a couple years of putting up with this I developed a stress related intestine disorder that I will carry for the rest of my days not to mention the stress on my marriage etc etc.

I tried to stand down from the position repeatedly only to get it back when my replacement would get sacked or removed. In the end I left the place. Every job I've had since has only been better. the job I have at the moment is the best I have ever had.

Move on and get another job, if it's no better then the last just keep moving.
Don\'\'t mind me, I\'\'m just admiring the shape of your skull!