I have to park my 37 chevy p/u for a while

Started by junkyardjeff, May 07, 2005, 08:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I have a basicly restored truck with a 57 235 hooked to the original driveline,I drove it to work friday (45 miles each way) and I noticed that there was not too much clutch left as the less then 10,000 mile 235s leaky rear main seal ruined the clutch.       I am not going to pull the clutch and put in a rear main seal and still have to deal with the original trans and rearend so its time to upgrade,I am working on a 55 ford convertible and putting togather a 65 custom 500 for a daily driver and when they are done I will concentrate on the truck again.    I have some property for sale and when it sells I am going to have someone who knows what they are doing install a mustang II front and setup a latemodel rearend in it,I have not decided on what motor I will be using as I would like to use a newer six as I like the sound of a split manifold but I think most of  the newer sixes are too long so a V8 will most probably be installed.   It will be nice to be able to go down the highway instead of the back roads.  Jeff

Dirk35

Sorry to hear the trouble with it. Sounds like you already have a plan on what ot do with it though. Stick to it, and dont be like me and change plans every few months.

Quote from: "junkyardjeff"I have a basicly restored truck with a 57 235 hooked to the original driveline,I drove it to work friday (45 miles each way) and I noticed that there was not too much clutch left as the less then 10,000 mile 235s leaky rear main seal ruined the clutch.       I am not going to pull the clutch and put in a rear main seal and still have to deal with the original trans and rearend so its time to upgrade,I am working on a 55 ford convertible and putting togather a 65 custom 500 for a daily driver and when they are done I will concentrate on the truck again.    I have some property for sale and when it sells I am going to have someone who knows what they are doing install a mustang II front and setup a latemodel rearend in it,I have not decided on what motor I will be using as I would like to use a newer six as I like the sound of a split manifold but I think most of  the newer sixes are too long so a V8 will most probably be installed.   It will be nice to be able to go down the highway instead of the back roads.  Jeff

junkyardjeff

I have changed my mind a few times since putting the truck on the road and finding out how terrible a 30s vehicles are at speeds above 40,now that the clutch is bad its time to do something.  Jeff