See, I do more than ask questions........

Started by GPster, May 05, 2005, 06:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

enjenjo

I like it. You need some bigger tires on the rear. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"I like it. You need some bigger tires on the rear. :lol:
The tires are left over from the days when that frame was going to be a "low down" '53 Chevy car. I agree about the sizes but they're enough to make it a "roller" With no more strength than I'm finding in my arms and how much I need the power steering in the Ranger it's liable to end up with VW 15" tires on the front or 16" motorcycle tires on the spare tire wheels I've been collecting. On the back end it will probably have some tall tires to balance with the new found lack of weight with the additional of minimal body. I even drove it there to photograph (it was killing the grass) so there it is. GPster

phat46

Quote from: "GPster"pix of the project attached

Cool, is that all of the exhaust pointing out the drivers side!!! ? Must sound good!

purplepickup

Joe, It's going to really be unique.  I like the look.  It's good to see some pics.  I was wondering how things were coming along. :D
George

GPster

Quote from: "phat46"
Cool, is that all of the exhaust pointing out the drivers side!!! ? Must sound good!
Yes, that's a meg off a motorcycle exhaust system. I removed a couple of the baffels and had enough room to get a 2" pipe off the stock manifold and over the top of the frame behind the steering box. If I ever have a "spendin spree" I'll check out Ebay for a used "Supertrap" to have something shiny and tune-able. That might add to the theme if I end up running motorcycle tires on the front. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Keep after it Joe.

You might want to strap that car carrier down a bit on the back.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rooster

Truck looks cool, Whats in the crystal ball for headlights?

GPster

Quote from: "rooster"Truck looks cool, Whats in the crystal ball for headlights?
The "king" had in his stock some headlights off an old army 6X ?. The sway bar has been re-positioned to the top shock mounts and will servre as the light bar. That bar is now holding up the "Duece" grill shell but I'm still looking for something larger. It would serve better as the grill on a track roadster. I know someone building one and I offered it to him but he seemed more attached to the look of the Ford Jubelley ('53?) tractor. No telling what turns some people's Stars. GPster