29 Chev pu New Accquistion

Started by cyberrodder, May 09, 2005, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberrodder

Ok, guys I thought I'd post this here instead of Aus Contruction as I wanted to get opinions from rest of the board.
Alright I picked this up last week, though it wasnt exactly what I was looking for but its extremely close so I'll run with it. any how I like look of it.
Its a 1929 chev pickup but the difference is it runs oversized roadster doors, I have only ever seen 1 other like it and that was a 26 Chev (photo attached) and have a millon pics on it hows that
for luck. :>
Anyhow as there is not many around, so I am not going to change that much from its original appearance.
But as it has a fair bit of wood in it, I'd like to keep the wood on the dash or to the point replace it with new stuff (proberly jarrah (a dark wood), or a furniture grade pine that I have lying around from my book shelf days :> )
So I need to steel it out, now the floor (2in thick slab of wood) and back of the cabin I dont see a problem with it. The doors, roof and front section I'd like to steel out but I want to keep the wood look as well.
What I was thinking was putting steel pieces in and say laying a 5mm wood layer over some of the exposed steel sections to maintain the look I am after.

Also what about the windscreen replace it with a sealed one or keep it?
As I have to work wipers, demister vents for this a sealed one might be easier here.

Any other suggestions?

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev