1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe, "VooDoo Child" Up 4 Sale

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, April 24, 2005, 08:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, that's right, the '40 Ford that Roadstar built, "VooDoo Child" is up for grabs. Professionally built, a Detroit Autorama, first in class, award winning showcar turned driver.

1970 Chev 350 bored 30 over machine work by Booth & Arrons
TRW 9 to 1 pistons
Comp Cams camshaft and lifters
Edelbrock intake manifold and valve covers
Mallory distributor
Sanderson SS headers
GM turbo 400
New Chssis Engineering with adjustable ride height front suspension, parrell leaf rear, sway bars front and rear.
Ford 9" from '57 Ranchero
3.55 gear ratio
posi
power steering/power brakes
Mustang II IFS
Flaming River steering column
Wheel Vintique 15X5 front/15X7 rear
Diamondback 165R-15 front/P235-70R15 rear
15 gallon "Tanks" fuel cell

Body Mods:
Windshield opening, made to resemble a convertible, also peaked into the cowl
Rounded door and trunk corners
Doors extended to close gap at bottom to running board
Quarter panels extended to do the same
Louvered hood
Lengthened drip rails
Ribbed bumpers
'49 Chevy licence guard

Black base coat/clear coat PPG based and Matrix clear
Pinstriping by Jeff Shea

Restored Dashboard with gauges converted by Classic Instruments
Custom aliminum lower panel
Hidden Audio stereo w/CD changer
Vintage air/heat
Custom pearl white and copper interior by Gary Benway AKA: "The Mad Pleater"

less then 10,000 miles on one year old build

$44,500

Any questions, ask away. Wanna talk price, call Jim @ 734-673-4201

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

river1

man if only i had won the powerball last night, that is so sweet.

later jiim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat46

Quote from: "river1"man if only i had won the powerball last night, that is so sweet.

later jiim

Lawd, that car is sweet!!! that Autumn pic should be a poster..
Speaking of the Powerball Lottery, someone in my little town of Port Huron won the $205,000,000 !!!! no names yet, but hope it's someone I know,   :wink:

Having had the pleasure of seeing this car up close....it looks much better than the photos! That is a very fair price ....."Talk to Jim".....How come you're not handling the sale?I've seen you in action :P
   By the way.....Did you get my e-mail a couple of weeks ago or am I on your "Ignore" list??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "river1"man if only i had won the powerball last night, that is so sweet.

later jiim

If you would have won, I would have personally delivered it to you. :wink:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "40"Having had the pleasure of seeing this car up close....it looks much better than the photos! That is a very fair price ....."Talk to Jim".....How come you're not handling the sale?I've seen you in action :P

I kinda am right now but when it comes down to talking price someone who's interested can pick up a phone and talk to Dad just as easily as me.  If Dad still has the car in June I might be persuaded to attend a few shows with "VooDoo Child" (while Big Olds is in the trim shop)and work my magic on potential buyers.  My folks like to pay commission fees in rubber and Big Olds needs a new pair of shoes.  :lol:

By the way.....Did you get my e-mail a couple of weeks ago or am I on your "Ignore" list??

I haven't gotten one from you lately.  The last one was regarding the seat which I replied that it is from a '40 4 door sedan front seat.  There was a time a couple of weeks ago where I didn't have my AOL cuz I was going to drop it cuz I have cable internet as well but I went a couple of days without it and decided I'd pay the little extra per month and keep my hotrodladycrusr email with AOL.  Not sure if I lost any mail cuz of it being shut down for a few days.  I can always be reached at my work one too, denise.sheldon@mybrighthouse.com

On a person note, I'll be at the GG DesMoines show July 4th weekend.  Maybe we can plan on meeting up and hanging out at that show.  I'll be there with Big Olds, Rudy plans on going with probley his new '32 sedan he's building and my folks will be going with their '56 which will have a fresh coat of black and silver paint and a new black and white interior.

sal37

Hey Denise
Would you post some fotos of Jim's '56, I am real interested to see how it turned out.

Steve

HotRodLadyCrusr

Steve, the '56 is actually sitting in the paint booth as I type this.  The seats are done already.  The front seat is in the owner of the paint shop's office waiting to be installed the minute they are finsihed painting it.  Dad will then pick up the car and take it directly to the trim shop where a new windshield, side glass, carpet, headliner and trunk trim will be installed.  Dad will bring the door panels home and instal those along with the backseat that is currently sitting in my old bedroon after he finishes putting everything back together.

I'll post some photos as soon as it completed or close to it.

I too,would like to see photos of your dad's Olds when it is finished.Better yet,I'll get a first hand look in Des Moines along with the new "Big Olds" and Rudy's new ride. :D With a little luck...well,a lot of luck....I'll have the 36 Coupe finished by then :roll: Actually,it's at the upholstery shop and I hope to have it finished for "The 50's" in June.Where are you staying in Des Moines??I am really looking forward to seeing everyone there and catching up! Is it July yet???

HotRodLadyCrusr

Don't have a place yet.  I've never been there so not really sure where to even start looking.  I mentioned it to BobK cuz I know he always books lots-o-rooms at the different shows he attends but I'm not really sure if I've got one from him or not.  I will PM him in the morning and ask.  I'll see if he has one for mom and dad as well as one for you too.  How does that sound??

Hey...That sounds Great! I usually have everything set for the entire Summer by now but I've been busy with work and just haven't had time.I stayed at a hotel that shared the parking lot with the host hotel last year....it was OK but a long way from the fairgrounds.Shoot me an e-mail and let me know what you come up with!

Scrap Fe

Denise,

My wife and I are unable to attend this year and have a room in Ankeny which is about 8 miles from the fairgrounds.  If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you the info.

I will hold up on cancelling my reservation until I hear from you.