50 Ford Conversion

Started by Dusty, April 16, 2005, 10:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

I saw this today at a Rod Run in Silsbee Texas...Has anyone seen one of these conversions?  I couldn't find the owner...Whoever did it did a good job...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

58 Yeoman

I've seen pix of those before; I think they are on an 80's T-Bird.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Leon

There's a company that makes the parts to convert a newer car to "look like" an old one.  Kinda like going to a classic car show in a PT Cruiser because the grill looks early..... :roll:

Dusty

Yoeman, I think you are right, because it's rather hard to see, but in the middle of the trunk lid is a "Thunderbird" emblem.  It looks neat tho'.  Looks better than the new "T" bird IMHO...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

phat rat

Before the fiberglass conversion package someone did a Bird like this using original 50 Ford sheetmetal. Saw one at a KKOA show back in the mid 90's
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

n.c.rodder

Quote from: "Dusty"I saw this today at a Rod Run in Silsbee Texas...Has anyone seen one of these conversions?  I couldn't find the owner...Whoever did it did a good job...

I believe the companys name is Easyrods :?:  If memory serves me, they also make kits to fit Cougars of the same year,

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Uncle Bob

Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Dirk35

My mother always taught me that if I do not have anything nice to say, to not say anything at all.

Therefore,...............

Skip

There's a guy in Mass Stret Rod Assn, Les Harriman, who built one of these using original Ford sheet metal years ago.  He was one of the first to do it.

He drove it to a run up on P.E.I. and someone in a Dodge pick-up hit him head-on coming across a bridge.

Les had to do teh car all over again.

he sold it a few years ago and I still see it now and then.  It's a gold-ish color FWIW
Skip

Early Hemi SME
Hot Rod Wiring Consulting