'38 Chevy Gas Tank

Started by Dusty, April 23, 2005, 06:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Hello again, I've got another project going...S-10 Frame for '54 Truck, and '38 Chevy Coupe.  I'm looking for a factory gas tank for a '38 Chevy Coupe.  It can be good, fair or otherwise.  If I can get even a rusted one, I can build another one to fit the car.  The coupe had the Gas tank where the Back seat should be.  Most people just put an after market tank in the trunk, but I want the luggage space...I'm takin thisun Road Trippin.... Someday.
Frame is just about done, and firewall is almost eady for primer.  Enclosed a couple of shots.
Thanks...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

enjenjo

How about a mustang tank as the floor in the trunk? Or using a 41 to 48 Chevy tank?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dusty

Frank,
I'd really like to keep as much of the trunk as I can.  If I put a tank in the trunk, It would use up the space I was going to use for the spare, and then tank and spare, and you've used up some suitcase space.  I may have to go that way, but for now I'm gonna try to find one for the inside.  I missed one on E-Bay last week...Just what I needed.  I held out too long and missed the end...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

enjenjo

the 41 to 48 frame is near identical to yours in the rear. The tank mounts under the floor, and still leaves room for the spare. The mustang tank fits in a hole cut in the trunk floor, and is flat with the trunk floor on the top.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.