The Flyer

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, April 18, 2005, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Mr34"I like your wheel and tyre chioce. Are they 14 inches?

The fronts are 14x6 with 205-70's and the rears are 15x10 with 285-70's.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

bcal

Very nice Charlie  8)
I notice that the engine is offset. Was that too give you some more legroom or to provide space for the carbies.
When I first started building my car I tried something similar but couldn't move the engine over far enough due to it being a fairly wide twin cam. I ended up getting around the legroom problem a different way. See my web link.
Next time tho I'll do the rear engine thing so I can make some real deep footwells and sit down real low.
Time flies when you\'re no longer young
Brett.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "bcal"Very nice Charlie  8)
I notice that the engine is offset. Was that too give you some more legroom or to provide space for the carbies.
When I first started building my car I tried something similar but couldn't move the engine over far enough due to it being a fairly wide twin cam. I ended up getting around the legroom problem a different way. See my web link.
Next time tho I'll do the rear engine thing so I can make some real deep footwells and sit down real low.

Thanks Brett - yes the engine is offset to gain 3 pedal room - even with the T-50 tranny, which is like a skinny T-10, it was tough. I still may have to drive barefoot. I offset it enough to line up with the rear end yoke - about an inch and a half. I already had my seat buckets made and the pass side souldn't fit any more so I had to put a scallop-like indention in the rocker box. As a result the passenger will crowd the quarter panel a little bit. I thought I had a pic handy of that but don't.

Your foot room solution was a little more extreme (LOL). Good planning. I like the sports car flavor.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!