Chop progress

Started by phat46, April 10, 2005, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Why do welding tanks alway runout on the weekend!?? I have gotten this for with my '40's haircut and I ran out of gas for the mig last night  :x  This morning I cut the door tops down to size. Luckily I have six doors for this truck, that's why you'll see three different colors on one door (plus duct tape till I get more gas) So far so good, but this is a lot of work!!  :?

purplepickup

Looks real good so far Joe.

Tanks run out on weekends because they know that's when you'll need them.  Maybe you ought to fool them and get a little one for a spare. :wink:
George

34ford

Around here now you can exchange them at the Tractor Supply Store, Oscheilner (sp) and Wheelers store. They are farm supply type stores. They just started doing it this year so maybe you can check them out if you have them in your area. They say you have to own the bottle.

bob

phat46

Quote from: "34ford"Around here now you can exchange them at the Tractor Supply Store, Oscheilner (sp) and Wheelers store. They are farm supply type stores. They just started doing it this year so maybe you can check them out if you have them in your area. They say you have to own the bottle.

bob
Yeah we have a TSC here, I'll have to check with them about that,  the bottle I have I bought from a local welding shop....the guy there said they fill them just enough to run out on the weekends :lol:

alchevy

Here's a link to a picture of a friend's '40 Ford Pickup that he chopped 2":

http://www.vicksburgcruisers.com/images/dcchopw03.JPG

See more pictures of it at:

http://www.vicksburgcruisers.com/clubprojects.htm (about halfway down the page)

We will have to get some updated pictures of it uploaded soon.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

parklane

Lookin real good Joe. You are gettin good at this!! Want to try my wagon next?  :wink: :lol:
John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

phat46

Quote from: "parklane"Lookin real good Joe. You are gettin good at this!! Want to try my wagon next?  :wink: :lol:
John

I don't think so!!!!! That thing would be a nightmare to chop; how's it coming along? any pics?

parklane

I don't think so!!!!! That thing would be a nightmare to chop; how's it coming along? any pics?[/quote]

No, it's just sittin in the yard taking up valuable space :lol: Actually, I was talking about my wagon, not Jasons
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

klassik

I hope this attachment works,

This is my old 39 Chevy which was copped 4 inches with thanks to Ram Rod and a couple of mates. The chop was finished with the exception of the doors in one night.

I will see if I can find some more pics of the old girl.

Dayum I wish I hadnt sold this one.

Craig
Before you criticise anyone walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes :lol: