The Nats in Louisville.....'06

Started by Topsterguy, March 24, 2005, 12:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

There's a small group of us waaaaaaayyyyy up here in Victoria BC Canada that are planning to do the Nats next year and we'd really appreciate any feedback, ideas, etc etc and where the best area is to get rooms. Any ideas would help cuz we got nuthin...............just about 6 hot rods and enthusiasm! :wink:  Hotel names etc would be great! Whatever Y'got!  Thanks!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Dolly

How weird is that?

There's a couple of blokes in Victoria, Awestrayleeya also planning on being at that event.

I'd suggest a hotel as far away from them as possible would be a good start.   :wink:
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Anonymous

Dolly, Please speak for yourself. I just love those Ozzie Hot Rodders.

Larry,I have stayed the last few years at both the Holiday Inn and the Signature Inn that are about 2 or 3 exits South of the Fairgrounds.Very easy access to the grounds,several good places to eat close by and both are full of rodders and provide lots of  evening activity in the parking lot.Bob K usually books a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn and perhaps has extras....I looked thru my messy desk and was unable to find the phone #s.If someone doesn't post additional info....I'll look a little harder for the #s. I have no idea what route you intend to take but if you travel thru the Northeast corner of Nebraska,you are more than welcome to overnight accomadatons at our home.We live in South Sioux City,Nebraska.....where Iowa,Nebraska and South Dakota all run into each other!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

alchevy

Why wait until '06? Go in '05 as a practice run. That sounds like a good excuse to me. I'm already counting down the days. We stay in Shepherdsville, KY which is South of Louisville. Takes about 15 minutes to cruise to the fairgrounds. Used to stay at a motel out on the East side of town, but would get stuck in traffic in the mornings and afternoons and it could take up to 30 minutes to get there. We get several suites at the Country Inns & Suites which sleep up to 5 in each suite for just under $100 per night. Very cost effective when you divide that cost per 5 people! Maybe I shouldn't give out all of our secrets...but I already have my rooms reserved. To get you interested in going, go to the NSRA site www.nsra-usa.com or look at a copy of Street Scene Magazine and order a DVD or VHS copy of the 2004 event, it's 2 hours long of funnnnnn!

Believe it or not, the 2005 event is only about 131 days away!!!!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Topsterguy

LOL!!!! Hey Dolly, I've run with the Aussies before and you got THAT right! Seriously tho folks - they're a great bunch of guys and I've ALWAYS had good times with them...............man do they LIKE to drink beer!! BUT then again so do I! Thanks bigtime for the input folks, I'll keep watching for ideas and print 'em all off for reference down the road! The last time I did the Nats was in Oklahoma in '97 - me and the little woman threw a couple of suitcases in the back of the '38 Chev PU driver I had then(while I was building the roadster) and headed out! What a hoot! 5790 miles later we were home! And Y'know what - we lost the long distance to someone in Australia that shipped their coupe over to LA,trailered it to Oklahoma, and drove on to the grounds!! :x  Oh well, WE knew!!!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Dolly

Quote from: "Topsterguy"LOL!!!! Hey Dolly, I've run with the Aussies before and you got THAT right! Seriously tho folks - they're a great bunch of guys and I've ALWAYS had good times with them...............man do they LIKE to drink beer!!
Carps doesn't.  But then he is kinda unique.

Quote.... Y'know what - we lost the long distance to someone in Australia that shipped their coupe over to LA,trailered it to Oklahoma, and drove on to the grounds!! :x  Oh well, WE knew!!!
They only do that coz those coupes just don't ride as good as a sedan when you drive em on the water.
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "40"Larry,I have stayed the last few years at both the Holiday Inn and the Signature Inn that are about 2 or 3 exits South of the Fairgrounds.Very easy access to the grounds,several good places to eat close by and both are full of rodders and provide lots of  evening activity in the parking lot.Bob K usually books a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn and perhaps has extras....I looked thru my messy desk and was unable to find the phone #s.If someone doesn't post additional info....I'll look a little harder for the #s. I have no idea what route you intend to take but if you travel thru the Northeast corner of Nebraska,you are more than welcome to overnight accomadatons at our home.We live in South Sioux City,Nebraska.....where Iowa,Nebraska and South Dakota all run into each other!

That was Holiday Inn South, 3317 Fern Valley Rd, 1-502-9643311

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Pope Downunder"
Quote from: "40"Larry,I have stayed the last few years at both the Holiday Inn and the Signature Inn that are about 2 or 3 exits South of the Fairgrounds.Very easy access to the grounds,several good places to eat close by and both are full of rodders and provide lots of  evening activity in the parking lot.Bob K usually books a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn and perhaps has extras....I looked thru my messy desk and was unable to find the phone #s.If someone doesn't post additional info....I'll look a little harder for the #s. I have no idea what route you intend to take but if you travel thru the Northeast corner of Nebraska,you are more than welcome to overnight accomadatons at our home.We live in South Sioux City,Nebraska.....where Iowa,Nebraska and South Dakota all run into each other!

That was Holiday Inn South, 3317 Fern Valley Rd, 1-502-9643311

Hey Neil!  Thanks bigtime for all the info and accomo offer!  So far we haven't gotten into planning the actual trip but we figured we'd better get some rooms now and do the rest down the road! The women are comming with us so that means I have to take the coupe and not the roadster, but that'll be a good long trip for it! I should have a fair bit of mileage on it by then, but that'll be the BIG one for it!  If you get any of those numbers sometime maybe email them to me if you get a minute!  Thanks again EVERYONE! :wink: