Finally Paint!!

Started by tom36, March 20, 2005, 05:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom36

Finally after to long, I got the body painted.Now it's sand and buff and then paint the fenders and grille shell. Nice to see a change , it recharges my batteries :D

phat46

Quote from: "tom36"Finally after to long, I got the body painted.Now it's sand and buff and then paint the fenders and grille shell. Nice to see a change , it recharges my batteries :D

Very nice, did you do it yourself?

kb426

TEAM SMART

tom36

[  Very nice, did you do it yourself?[/quote]

Well, yes and no. I've always  done everything except upholstery. That said, I always painted lacquer or catalyzed acrylic enamel.  My neighbor and good friend owns his own body shop  and let me use his spray booth for painting and gave me a crash course on base coat, clear coats and single stage urethanes.  His jobber gave him a new Sata spray gun to try, and this is what we tried it on! Very nice gun (close to 500 bucks!), atomised the paint nicely.  The picture on my computer screen looks gray, but the car is actually a mocca or coffee with cream color.  I wanted a red interior and only so many colors go with red.  Black, red, white,and tan.  Black and red cars are plentiful, I already have a white "36, so tan or mocca it was.  I drive my stuff so I didn't want to go with a metallic 'cause they are so hard to touch up stone chips etc. These new epoxies and urethanes are great stuff but boy are they pricey! Makes me wonder how Macco can paint a car so cheap.  Tom..

Looks great......I like the color!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Jahoota

looks good. not so sure about those fancy looking boyd hot cross bun specials. I think you should try a different style of wheel!  :lol:  :wink:
Paint chips add character...

enjenjo

Latest thing in the US, you aussies are just a bit slow catching up. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tom36

Quote from: "enjenjo"Latest thing in the US, you aussies are just a bit slow catching up. :lol:

Yeah, I learn a lot watching American Hot Rod and Overhauling.  Now if I could only  find 30 craftsman to work around the clock for 7 days to finish this thing! :lol:

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "tom36"Finally after to long, I got the body painted.Now it's sand and buff and then paint the fenders and grille shell. Nice to see a change , it recharges my batteries :D

Looks good; I love the colour.  Sounds like a good combination with the red.