Crosleys new Limey....

Started by Jbird, March 13, 2005, 09:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird

I thought I'd make all you guys jealous and post a couple of pics of Tonys lastest aquisition. The 58 VW engine sittin right behind her was in the trunk, keeping her planted firmly in the mud.
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

sal37

What is this a twin engined job?? :D  :D   I didn't know that VW produced a model like this one - what model is it?? :D  :D

Steve

purplepickup

It kind of looks like something Donald Duck or Goofy would drive :wink: ....or me....I like it.
George

enjenjo

QuoteIt kind of looks like something Donald Duck or Goofy would drive

Well, I guess Goofy just bought it :D  :D  :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jeffa

I bet Tony is pleased about the security fence. THAT was what must have stopped thieves all these years.....

Crosley.In.AZ

jbird... youu have a PM.

looks like some big electrical power boxes there.

perhaps a 4.3 chevy V6 & 200-4r would fit in it?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Jbird

We live next to a power company substation. The EMFs doodoonnn't booottthher mmeee toooo mumucccch. They have one transformer gizmo and those three big empty storage boxes on a half acre lot. Makes a guy understand why power costs as much as it does.

Tony, going from an original .948 liters to 4.3 liters, lets see, thats an increase of about 450%, sounds pretty good. You should probably bore and stroke the 4.3 to make it an even 500%.

One of my early, most probably drug induced, ideas for this little fireball was to flip the ring and pinion on a VW van trans and shoehorn a 2300cc hand grenade VW engine into the back seat area.
       Jbird 8)

Crosley.In.AZ

is this an optical illusion or is the bottom the door in real bad shape?
Tony

Jbird

That's just dirt. Up here when our dirt gets wet it turns to mud and sticks to stuff. I've heard that grainy dirt in Az. just washes away when it gets wet. There is a spot of rust on the lower front corner of the drivers side rear door. It's about an inch in diameter and just pushing the paint off, you can't poke a key through it yet.
             Jbird 8)

Crosley.In.AZ

I received a phone call from the fellow that is hauling the little limey car to Az for me.  He is a HAMB member , he was running some cars/ parts up the coast to Washington state, picking up some stuff too.

It seems the pickup of the little Triumph has  worked out well.

Thanks to jbird .

8)
Tony

Jbird

Three out of four tires held air. We had to recruit Seans daughter to help us old farts push the little demon into his trailer. One down, six or so to go. Wait a minute, I can't get rid of any more of my jewels, what'll I do with my spare time when I retire. Let's see I'm 55 now, the way it looks I'll need to work for about forty more years, so when I'm 95 I'll start fixin some of them up. I just hope I'll still be able to find parts, my tools, my shop, my back yard and a lot of stuff I have trouble finding now.
 Be good to her Tony    Jbird 8)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Jbird"Let's see I'm 55 now .   Jbird 8)

geee , you sound younger on the fone.
Tony

Jbird

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Jbird"Let's see I'm 55 now .   Jbird 8)

geee , you sound younger on the fone.

Maybe, but I'm much better looking in person. Now leave me alone so I can figure out how to plug this 455 Olds into this 67 Firebird.
         Jbird 8)