been a long time, I'm back

Started by Anonymous, February 29, 2004, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Haven't been here for a long time. Since I had to re-register thought I'd better introduce myself.

I've used the names 48 HEMI and OLD CAR GLASS GUY.

I'm 62 and live in Oregon City Oregon. Originally from Southern California. Pasadena, Eagle Rock, Glendale, San Gabriel, Sierra Madre, San Marino and Monrovia were my rodding and street racing turfs.
 Have owned 100's of cars! As many as 25 at one time with a combined total worth over 500 dollars haha!

My current and long time stored project is a 48 Ford business coupe turned into a 3 window coupe with a rumble seat  running a 354 ci Hemi, clutch-flite, 9 inch rearend. just pulled it up front and center for some serious thrashing. It WILL BE ON THE ROAD this year!

Also building a 52 Plymouth  Belvedere wagon for the wife. I took a 52 Plymouth 2 door wagon and a 52 Plymouth Belvedere 2 door hard top. grafted the back half and roof of the wagon to the front half of the hard top for a two door hardtop wagon, running a 270 Dodge Hemi with a 3 speed  overdrive. Sadly its still a project also

My almost Driver (for several years) is a 49 Pontiac 4 door fastback straight 8, straight pipes running thru lake pipes, it has all new paint,upholstery,glass,wide whites,brakes, all it need to be on the road is a couple hours to finish the 54 merc tailights.

You might have picked up by now that my projects move slow.

My business name is "THE OLD CAR GLASS GUY " 503-519-3443 Oldcarglassguy@aol.com This is not a spam but if you have any glass questions I have 40 years in the business and I only work on early Iron. It keeps me so busy that I have trouble working on my own projects. I'm just starting a new business and to mention it would be SPAM so I won't. but I should be making a comfortable living and have time to work on my projects. I am giving up my glass business sometime this year and plan to be a world traveler and I like that title much better because it doesn't start with OLD :lol:

purplepickup

It's good to see you here again.
Welcome :b-d:

I especially like the part of your "re-intro" where you said "IT WILL BE ON THE ROAD THIS YEAR".  If that's frustration I sense, I, for one, can identify :)   My projects seem to be in major slow motion.  It's good to hear you're seeing light at then end of the tunnel :D
George

Slick 50

It's good to "see" you around again, Jim. Don't be such a stranger this time around. How about some progress pics. I don't thinkI saw the 48 hemi when my wife and I visited your "old" place and the plymouth wagon was nearly covered with weeds.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

tom36

Welcome!  Nice to see another in the 6th decade of life...Tom

Bob Paulin

Quote from: "tom36"Welcome!  Nice to see another in the 6th decade of life...Tom

Not to break your bubble or make you feel any older, but when you reach 60 years-old, you have *completed* six decades, and are starting on your seventh decade.

At 62, you are working on your *seventh* decade....not your sixth. The "sixth" boat has sailed......

At 57 it is I who is in my sixth decade.

Sorry!!!!

LOL!

Bob Paulin
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

tom36

Quote from: "Bob Paulin"
Quote from: "tom36"Welcome!  Nice to see another in the 6th decade of life...Tom

Not to break your bubble or make you feel any older, but when you reach 60 years-old, you have *completed* six decades, and are starting on your seventh decade.

At 62, you are working on your *seventh* decade....not your sixth. The "sixth" boat has sailed......

Sorry!!!!

LOL!

Bob Paulin

6 or 7, as long as your still sailing :wink:  :wink:   Tom..

Anonymous

Quote from: "tom36"
Quote from: "Bob Paulin"

Sorry!!!!

LOL!

Bob Paulin

You guys are old!

I'm not sure how this format works yet. I hit reply and it shows the last post. I guess I'll figure it out soon enough

Hey slick that Plymouth that was sitting out was one of three I cut up to make one.

I went thru 6 doors to get two finished on my 48  I guess I'm a restorers nightmare, I hope I am!

6 or 7, as long as your still sailing :wink:  :wink:   Tom..

oiler

Hey Hemi!
Your name and message are still scrawled on the firewall of the 32
Just couldn't bring myself to paint over it!
You never know 50 years from now someone may find it and say "who the hell is 48 Hemi"
Welcome
Jeff

47wood

Welcome back Hemi.  Once you retire, you'll never know how you had the time to work!!! :lol:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Pope Downunder

Anonymous

Quote from: "oiler"Hey Hemi!
Your name and message are still scrawled on the firewall of the 32
Just couldn't bring myself to paint over it!
You never know 50 years from now someone may find it and say "who the ##### is 48 Hemi"
Welcome
Jeff

Hey Oiler
If I had written my first thoughts, you would have sanded them with 80 grit before you painted over them.
I have to say that body was the first with the 40 dash and you might need me to document that some day. If its on the road! I want to come up and get the ride you promised. and in 50 years I'll only be 112 and still racing somewhere!!

oiler

Yep it's on the road
2000 miles last summer and not once has it seen a trailer or a top.
We'll go for a rip before you're 112.
Perhaps at Bonneville
Jeff

HotRodLadyCrusr

Hi there!  Glad to see you here.  It's wonderful news that your going to be taking some time for yourself.  I sure hope your worldy travels bring you in my direction.  I always have plenty of room at the house here and quite a few RRTers live close enough that we could have a BBQ  in honor of your visit.

Maybe Big Olds could be your last "offical" glass job?  If Joyce Johnson drives her RPU out here for my Pig Roast in June we'll have to get her to transport the glass.  :D

BTW, if you hit "reply" or "quote" in someones reply you get the quote.  If you hit the "post reply" at the bottom of the page you get a blank reply screen.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

btrc

Nice to hear from you again.  Years ago you offered to come to SD and do my glass for me.  You don't know how close I came to taking you up on your offer last fall but my wife and I did it ourselves and it came out OK.  Once again, nice to see you back.
Bob

dave Robertson

Quote from: "48-HEMI"Haven't been here for a long time. Since I had to re-register thought I'd better introduce myself.

I've used the names 48 HEMI and OLD CAR GLASS GUY.

I'm 62 and live in Oregon City Oregon. Originally from Southern California. Pasadena, Eagle Rock, Glendale, San Gabriel, Sierra Madre, San Marino and Monrovia were my rodding and street racing turfs.
 Have owned 100's of cars! As many as 25 at one time with a combined total worth over 500 dollars haha!

My current and long time stored project is a 48 Ford business coupe turned into a 3 window coupe with a rumble seat  running a 354 ci Hemi, clutch-flite, 9 inch rearend. just pulled it up front and center for some serious thrashing. It WILL BE ON THE ROAD this year!

Also building a 52 Plymouth  Belvedere wagon for the wife. I took a 52 Plymouth 2 door wagon and a 52 Plymouth Belvedere 2 door hard top. grafted the back half and roof of the wagon to the front half of the hard top for a two door hardtop wagon, running a 270 Dodge Hemi with a 3 speed  overdrive. Sadly its still a project also

My almost Driver (for several years) is a 49 Pontiac 4 door fastback straight 8, straight pipes running thru lake pipes, it has all new paint,upholstery,glass,wide whites,brakes, all it need to be on the road is a couple hours to finish the 54 merc tailights.

You might have picked up by now that my projects move slow.

My business name is "THE OLD CAR GLASS GUY " 503-519-3443 Oldcarglassguy@aol.com This is not a spam but if you have any glass questions I have 40 years in the business and I only work on early Iron. It keeps me so busy that I have trouble working on my own projects. I'm just starting a new business and to mention it would be SPAM so I won't. but I should be making a comfortable living and have time to work on my projects. I am giving up my glass business sometime this year and plan to be a world traveler and I like that title much better because it doesn't start with OLD :lol:

Hey 48, great to hear from you again !!!

Did you finally get everything moved out of the barn? Wow, you had a lotta stuff in there!  :

Kyle is ready for the glass any time now for his '50 chev pickup. I think you will be impressed when you see all the work he has done. Also Don, his grandpa, sez you and your wife are very welcome to stay with them when you come to Gig Harbor. And I'll be glad to show off the progress on the '32 chev and 56 ranchwagon!

Cheers,
Dave Robertson   :D  :D