Question about western roads

Started by jaybee, March 16, 2005, 03:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaybee

How are the roads between Denver and Tucson?  I know someone who's considering running I80 out to Denver and south as opposed to going down through Kansas and Oklahoma.  I've never traveled that region so I couldn't even guess.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Slick 50

I believe I-80 will get to Cheyenne and then I-25 south to Denver. 2 hrs or so from Cheyenne to Denver depending upon traffic of course.

I just ran I-70 from Denver to St Louis and had clear sailing all the way.
I've not been from Denver to Tuscon.
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

kb426

You need to state if you want to site see or not. I25 south is very busy until you get south of Pueblo. You can stay on it until Albuq. and take I40 across or you can see some really beautiful country.  If you take 50 west from Pueblo and turn south at Montrose, you will see some of America's finest. End up at Durango, Go to Chinle Az. and stop at Canyon De Chelle. Then head south to I 40 and make decisions from there.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

the weather this time of year can cause some concern on some the roads mentioned.

I know of a motorcycle that has travel these roads at or near triple digit speeds.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

You can pick up I76 west of Omaha into Denver, good road, the south out of Denver to I40, or continue south to I10
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Depending upon when you are going, you better check the weather reports. I-40 was closed yesterday from Amarillo to Albuquerque due to blizzard like conditions. we finally wound up with 12 inches of snow here in Amarillo, they got over 24 inches between Tucumcari and Albuquerque yesterday.  it was 84 degrees here Saturday. by 6 am Tuesday we had a foot of snow  :shock:

supposed to be back in the 60's by the weekend.

God I love this country!

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****