LeCarra 1940 Ford steering column

Started by Angie, March 04, 2005, 04:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Hello, I am looking for a LeCarra 1940 Ford steering column, one bar, button horn, for a GM steering column.  I am looking around everywhere for it...shops, car shows.  If you have one, or anything close, please, let me know.  I really appreciate it.  Angie

Charlie Chops 1940

Are ypu looking for a '40 Ford style steering WHEEL to fit a GM column> I don't believe LeCarra makes a wheel like that. Look at their web site. I do believe Juliano has a repop '40 type wheel to fit a some different applications. Take a look at their site,

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Angie

yes, i am looking for the steering wheel for a gm column, and i know i'd have to get a converter too.  they may not make it, but a replica would be fine as well.  i do believe they are out there because i have seen similar ones.  thanks!!

kb426

The following make a 40 ford wheel: Julianos, abour $700, billet alum., Limeworks, $250 in black, white or red, Lecarra, $159 unpainted, no buttom. I believe there are 2 others on the market. Borgenson is selling someones and I've seen Vintiques name on one. I bought the limeworks but I don't believe they have one for a chevy column. Only 40 ford or 3 bolt flange.  Lecarras website is out of date. You'll have to call for info.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I used one a couple years ago on a car, it was plastic, molded in black and red, bolts on to a GM column, and was a Juliano wheel I think. Cost about $400 with the button.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "enjenjo"I used one a couple years ago on a car, it was plastic, molded in black and red, bolts on to a GM column, and was a Juliano wheel I think. Cost about $400 with the button.

I just bought one unpainted from LeCarra with the adapter and horn button ( you have a choice of three buttons) and I think it was about $350. Nice piece!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"