CHAT! CHAT! CHAT!

Started by enjenjo, February 29, 2004, 08:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Don't make me say it again! 9 pm
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

av8

Quote from: "enjenjo"Don't make me say it again! 9 pm

I'm here and ready, but how do I hook up to participate?

Mike

enjenjo

Quote from: "av8"

Mike

At the top of the page, there is a row of options, one of them is chat, click on chat, and you will get a sign up page asking for your name and profile. All you need is a name, and sign in. that should take you to the chat page. there is a white box at the bottom, type there, and it will show up on the chat. Your handle doesn't show up on your own puter, but the rest of us in chat can see it, so we know who it is. You do have to have Java enabled, it is a Java based chat.

av8

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "av8"

Mike

At the top of the page, there is a row of options, one of them is chat, click on chat, and you will get a sign up page asking for your name and profile. All you need is a name, and sign in. that should take you to the chat page. there is a white box at the bottom, type there, and it will show up on the chat. Your handle doesn't show up on your own puter, but the rest of us in chat can see it, so we know who it is. You do have to have Java enabled, it is a Java based chat.

Sorry, Frank, but all I get is a dead screen with which I can do nothing, just like in the past. I'd love to participate but apparently I'm not smart enough to make the system work or maybe my new computer is as dumb as my old one.

Later . . .

enjenjo

QuoteSorry, Frank, but all I get is a dead screen with which I can do nothing, just like in the past. I'd love to participate but apparently I'm not smart enough to make the system work or maybe my new computer is as dumb as my old one.

It has to be the way you have your computer configured. The Java settings in particular. I have opera on my computer, and the chat works fine on it. If Java is set correctly, when you click on chat, you will get a RRT page with a grey box in the center, that has the signup for the chat in it. If you are not getting the box, or the box remains blank, your Java is not set correctly in your internet preferences. If your Java is turned off, because of popups, you can turn it on to chat, and turn it back off after chating.