Differences in 3 and 5 window 1932 Ford

Started by Hooterville, March 13, 2005, 11:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooterville

Longtime lurker coming to ask the experts a question.

I'm considering building a 32 coupe.

I'm a big guy so the space issue looms large for me. Ive ridden and driven a 5 window and the guy had a seat that let you sit all the way back in the car. Looking left offered no visual impairments to traffic. How about in a 3 window, is the window and the door longer?

Thanks for the help.

32coupe

I own a 32, a 3 window version because it has suicide doors, I used to own a model A and I find this rod easier to get in and out of. Yes the doors in a 3 window are bigger.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Hooterville"Longtime lurker coming to ask the experts a question.

I'm a big guy so the space issue looms large for me. Ive ridden and driven a 5 window and the guy had a seat that let you sit all the way back in the car. Looking left offered no visual impairments to traffic. How about in a 3 window, is the window and the door longer?

Thanks for the help.

The 3W is longer in the cabin, and wider across the mid section of the body, and they taper more radically into the firewall.

Dave

Quote from: "Hooterville"Longtime lurker coming to ask the experts a question.

Thanks for the help.

I was talked out a 5 window from street rods by michael and my wife. The wife liked the looks of the 3 window better and michael said the 3 window had more room... If you really want room then do a 33 or 34 3 window. The 34 I had I could put the seat back so far I couldnt reach the gas pedal....
Not so in the 32.. I love the car but on long trips my loud pedal leg gets a cramp... I need cruise...
Dave