Try to keep history from repeating itself!

Started by Jokester, March 07, 2005, 09:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJ

Just leave some gun and survivalist magazines and an empty 9mm clip on the dash. they'll think twice...

Dogs that would actually protect would also chew up the car.

Setting booby traps is a felony in this state.
Something about premeditated mayhem....
So hi watt electic shocks and personell mines might not be a good idea.
Don't know about other places.

jeffa

hotrodmatt

model a vette

After my Celebrity wagon was stolen I got a column collar. It is for the same style column that is in your car. It is bright red and easily visible from the outside of the car. It came with a Medeco lock and I can't figure any way it could be defeated. It covers the entire column from the start of the tilt cup all the way to the bottom of the steering wheel. It also locks the column shift into park. It is made of 3/16 thick steel. The only problem is that you have to put it on the column when leaving the car and take it off to start the car. It cost about $125 in 1993. If I lost the key I think it would be easier to swap columns than to get the collar off.

When my daughter got her Caravan back after it was stolen the Club was on the floor and still locked! They just cut the rim of the steering wheel with bolt cutters and slid the Club off. The same would be true of the chain from the pedal to the steering wheel.
Ed

metha

As everybody says if someone really want's your car it's gone. But the tazer/electrecution ideas are good.

Ive been breaking into cars just to prove it can be done (with owners consent) A Volvo V70 -04 takes about 15 seconds to get off the driveway. No visible damage to the car.

Best way would be the horse fence i think. It sure as hell would make me take another car.

By the way, if you lock your keys into a car be sure that the police is not in the vicinity when you open it.....i had loads of trouble explaining the incident.

ram-rod

heres a real good one. a friend has installed a solenoid from a gas conversion in his brake lines like a line locker.  He simply depresses the pedal hits the switch and walks away  it wont stop the guy with a tilt tray but even the guy with the hook truck ain't happy to drag it with the brakes locked on
Dodge Brothers the Masochist\'s Marque
where pain and suffering is in a rusty art form   :(D)