New guy Intro.......

Started by Luke Bruheim, March 22, 2004, 12:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Bruheim

Hi, My name is Luke Bruheim, I am 31 years old and live in Appleton Wisconsin.   I am very tall, (6'4") extremely good looking and in prime Physical condition. I like to skateboard, drink beer, and meet hot ladies  , and  I am kinda into cars too. I have been lurking here for a short while and sometimes visit "other boards" that some of you visit. I have a couple of  older project vehicles that I like to work on, they are both old trucks. One is an old chevrolet truck that I woke up from a 20 year nap, and , the other is an old  willys that I want to build in to a drag racer.... I like nostaliga styled stuff with some new school flair.  I enjoy trying to weld and fabricate  and hopefully I will learn more here, anyways..... That is my Intro...... Hopefully You guys will not tear me apart, like the other boards do to newbies....  My projects can be seen at.....  http://my.vbe.com/~vcarlson

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT Luke. Enjoy yourself!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Love your truck Lukester.  Welcome!

Kinda into cars, eh?
George

BarryM

I don't know a 348 from a 409 but it's a great looking motor and a refreshing change to see those covers on a rod.  Oh and I understand they have the torque of a Mack. Didn't see the trans, my guess is powerglide? I'll spare you the " almost had a 409 once but... " story, very nice hot rod.

Bob K

Hey Lukester:  Welcome aboard the RRT, good to see you over here. Lot's of good folks here also. Got your 50's stuff, you are all set with rooms.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Ralph

Welcome Luke. I've seen your truck on the HAMB. Love it. You've got a good eye for detail, and some serious fabrication skills. But at six-four can you still fit in that thing? Are your legs detachable at the knee? :lol:
Will you be taking it to Back to the 50's?
Ralph
Manitoba Street Rod Association
http://www.msra.mb.ca/

47wood

Welcome to the RRT Luke.  Cool ride with a lot of really nice fabrication too!  But you'll have to post a couple of personal pics if you want credit for being "extremely good looking and in prime physical condition."  You'll like the knowledge base here on the RRT.  Glad you joined. :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Mac

I enjoy trying to weld and fabricate  

From what I see in your pics your doing a bit better than "trying".
Nice work on a swell truck. Welcome Luke.

Mac
Who\'s yer Data?

HotRodLadyCrusr

I can vouch for this part,

"I am very tall, (6'4") extremely good looking and in prime Physical condition."

:D

I can also vouch for the fact that he's build one of the coolest trucks on the plant out of a rusted ol heap in the back 40.  Photos don't do the truck justice, it ROCKS!  Looking forward to seeing it again this summer.

Welcome to the RRT bud!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Luke Bruheim

Thanks for the warm welcome, as I said, I sometimes visit the other boards , and am looking for more "hands on " stuff than I've been finding lately,  I also like  to see quality stuff, and actually enjoy some modern stuff too. ( it is the year 2004 right?), so ive been "expanding my horizons so to speak)  I love to weld, and fabricate, and for that matter.... throw stuff away that I've worked for days on,  JUST cause I just don't like how it turned out... My 35 chevy truck project has been a great learning experience., and of course I wish I knew then, what I know now because it would turn out lots nicer, (sometimes Id like to throw the whole truck out....) but thats a good thing, because this summer I will be starting on my WILLYS gasser pickup project, and that thing HAS TO TURN OUT GOOD!!!! to answer the questions........  YES I am GOOD LOOKING and tall..... I fit in the old chevy truck really well and have 6" of headroom to spare, .... WE will be at back to the 50s tearing it up on snelling and in the fairgrounds (thanks for the rooms Bob).... The truck has a  BUILT 1958 348  motor and it runs like a scalded dog.... (348s are cooler than 409s cause they are older..... )  and yes DENISE  (HRLC) we will see you  LOTS this summer, ....... LUKE