XP windose computer question

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 06, 2005, 12:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

You guys have provided many answers for my XP questions..... so i will pester y'all again.

I can be reading a thread on a board like the RRT or Edmunds auto world.

When I clik to look at another page I get a mesage box:"No connection to the internet is currently availible... Would you like to go online?"  Not the exact words , but I must clik on a box to try again to go to the next message.

My ISP is on full time , not a dail up server.

Is this windose XP or my browser or what?  I never seen this message before I upgraded to XP from windose ME.... same browser is used  Windose Exploder.

I did some searching around the Microsoft help site , not much help.  Most likely I was looking / searching incorrectly.  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Sean

Must be something in your settings. I think the only time that ever happened to me was right after I first got this new computer on-line. I don't remember what i did to change it though...

tom36

Lord knows I'm no genius with these things, but try going to "tools", then internet options,then connections,then click "never dial a connection and see if that fixes your problem.  Tom..

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tom36"Lord knows I'm no genius with these things, but try going to "tools", then internet options,then connections,then click "never dial a connection and see if that fixes your problem.  Tom..

that section is gray'd out since I do not use dial up

I will look further
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Tony, if it's any consolation, my puter does it also, but not too often.  It started after I changed over to dsl from cable.  I just live with it.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

river1

yup i get it too!!

XP on a cable provider.

my nephew, who lives with me gets it also. usually in the same time frame.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

purplepickup

It doesn't happen here with XP & cable.
George