Good news I think

Started by Dave, February 28, 2005, 05:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I got some of my tools the first of last week but it was just odds and ends that were stolen with the rest. I imediately set em all on the work bench when I got home and took a few pics with the digital. I got one more item today and was kinda bummed so I called the guy thats working with AAA on getting my tools replaced and he told me that they are all shipped and I should see em soon. Of course ive heard that stuff before but im looking to have all my stuff replaced this week if he is not bsing me.  He said all the craftsman stuff should all come at the same time .. That should be interesting. All the tools including the tool chests too... Cool
Dave :wink:

Christmas in March! Cooool!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

cre8tor

Its sad huh, when society gets to the point where you have to take a pic of everything you own just incase it gets stolen :(
We had to do the same here too, My father is a mechanic and had alot of his tools stolen from his work many years ago and no pics, he said the worst part of this is all the specialty tools he had made to do certain jobs were gone and trying to remember every one of them was impossible, its when you go to use them you realise the ones your missing.
Well hope you get the rest of your stuff back quickly with no hassles and
Lets hope Karma prevails and what goes around comes around !
May thieves rot in h_e_l_l !!  

Cheers,

Mark.

Crosley.In.AZ

tools in the shop again. Kool.

I hope this does not happen to you again
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

slocrow

Boy, look away for a instant and you miss what's happening. Dave, what tools are you talking about? None of these are your recovered originals, are they? They're all just your replacements for the insurance allowable amount, correct?
Oh yeah, just what the heck is a "chat moderator"? Is that anything like a beer pressure regulator?????
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"Boy, look away for a instant and you miss what's happening. Dave, what tools are you talking about? None of these are your recovered originals, are they? They're all just your replacements for the insurance allowable amount, correct?
Oh yeah, just what the heck is a "chat moderator"? Is that anything like a beer pressure regulator?????

Ya its like that .... I try to hang out on the chat when im here but it seems to time out a lot. Maybe Frank can fix it someday. It only does it when its mostly inactive like just me there and no sending from my end. I told everyone id try and hang out there so Frank made me a chat cop I guess :lol:
As far as the tools go yes they are the new replacements but im getting used to not beliveing anyone as far as getting things done. A few things have trickled in but im still waiting for about 6k more . I talked to the guy the other day and he told me everything was shipped :?:  Must be by horse and carriage :wink:
You must have missed the post splaining the deal on the replacements. There is a company in California that buys your tools for you. They are hooked up with sears snapon and mac and they buy whosale save AAA money they make money and I get all brand new stuff without having to shop. :wink:  But im still waiting :!:
Ive seen a couple posts from you and I was wondering where ya been and yes I got your emails with the pics and jokes...  Ive been busy here working on the kids trucks.. One bought a new used one and the other just moved in here sunday and last nit we had to do some work on his. Its a long story about the oldest moving in but im trying to help him get his stuff together. He is going to AA and working on getting a real license... It sucks but he is my kid and id help em all if i have to. Sue got her tickets ordered for Seattle in august so im still thinking about Louisville . I guess we both might as well be out of town at the same time. I also got my good guys stuff so now i got to register for indy and find a place to stay down there.. Where do you stay I been missing the fun parking lot parties all winter
Dave . :wink:
PS; I think Sue misses you too :roll: