U coat it

Started by 48ford, March 07, 2005, 09:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

Hi,
Anyone ever use this coating on there shop floor?
Is there a better product on the market?
How will it hold up to floor jacks,jack stands,ect. and will it hold up to brake fluid?
Thanks for any help you can send me.
U coat it told me that to do a 30X40 shop will cost close to $700.00
Thanks
Russ&Irene

OFOF

I discussed this product with the rep at the SLC Autorama.  I think they have a good product there but I also think that it is overpriced.  I have used a good two part epoxy on my regular garage and I'm very happy with it.  It's a lot cheaper than the stuff we're talking about here.  Whatever you do don't use the cement paint you get at home depot or other home stores.  
Don.
Don Palfreyman

river1

i used the floor paint from groits garage

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_3000&L2=L2_3080&SKU=90011

it was the first thing i did when i moved into my new house, it has held up well for eleven years plus. the only flaws are some minor burns from welding, a chip  (the concrete broke) where i dropped a wrench and where my carb cleaner bucket leaked and i didn't know. i have recomended it to alot of people, those that have used it have given me good feed back on it. it takes two coats, the first coat soaks in and only covers 1 1/2 bays of a standard garage. the second coat will cover a three bay garage.

later jim

ps (edit in) i reread your post and will answer a couple of questions. it has held up through multiple engine R and Rs. multiple tranny Rand RS. i spilled brake fluid on no damage, tho i wiped it up relatively quickly. the floor jacks and jackstand don't even leave a scratch.
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

48ford

Thanks Jim,
I will take your word on it.
looks like a good product at a good price.
thanks
Russ