Heater Problems 49-54 Chevy

Started by 50chevydan, February 25, 2005, 03:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

50chevydan

I am putting a 350 in my 50 chevy and it looks as if I will probably have to change the heater (I have one tunnel on each side for the core). I would think that it would get in the way. Does anyone have any experiences with any other cores. Also I was wondering if anyone was looking for a 216 w/ a 3speed.  Thanks Dan.

rooster

Quote from: "50chevydan"I am putting a 350 in my 50 chevy and it looks as if I will probably have to change the heater (I have one tunnel on each side for the core). I would think that it would get in the way. Does anyone have any experiences with any other cores. Also I was wondering if anyone was looking for a 216 w/ a 3speed.  Thanks Dan.

Dan, You and Greg have the same systems I think their call the Deluxe heaters, thay collect fresh air from the front of the car a pass that through the core under the hood and into the car. Chevy also made a cheeper model without this freash air feature, all the guts under the dash. It will sorta like the heater I have pictured in the other post.

If your asking "can my heater be modifyed to work with a different core" I dont think it would be very easy to do. But I really cant say for sure.