AC mounting bracket

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, February 18, 2005, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev Coupe

Does any one know where a guy can get mounting brackets for the AC compressor for headers?
Here's the scenario 74 Corvette with AC, 350 motor, tube headers. Need brackets to mount.
Will the one's at local auto parts stores work even though they say pre-69?

Charlie Chops 1940

Lee,

I think that bracket is really just an alt/gen bracket if it's the one I visualize. I don't think it will be solid enough to preveny a lot of rumble/vibration when the a/c operates. I'm partial to Alan Grove steel brackets - well made & rewasonable.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

alchevy

I like the ones that Bill's Hot Rods has. 626-332-1915. They advertise in the back of several magazines. These brackets mount your alternator & air compressor up high out of the way of things.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

You should be able to use the stock brackets, by making spacers to make up the difference between the thickness of the stock manifold, and the headers.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.