Started with a BANG . . .

Started by av8, February 05, 2005, 10:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

av8

Quote from: "GPster"Haven't you got that head off yet? I'm sitting here wailing for  "The Rest of the Story". I'm trying to learn something here. I bombed out with the oven cleaner on undercoating, GPster

Have to pick up some more of my tools and drag them home this morning so I can finish the head removal/cleanup. Report to follow . . . I promise.

BTW, the oven cleaner wasn't my idea. I'm from the "freeze it" school of removing sticky stuff.

Mike

GPster

Quote from: "av8"
Quote from: "GPster"I'm trying to learn something here. I bombed out with the oven cleaner on undercoating,  the oven cleaner wasn't my idea. I'm from the "freeze it" school of removing sticky stuff.                                                                                                   I know the idea belonged to somebody else an he wouldn't take credit for it. Must not have worked. I was waiting for someone to have a case of it on sale and I was going to corner the market. GPster

Land Yacht

Different animal, but I had a 283 chevy with cross-firing and fouling plugs, every now and then it would cause a wicked backfire out the exhaust, once it blew out the side of the muffler and that plug stayed dead until I changed it, #5 or #7.
1965 Impala SS 283/250 -sold- :(
1977 Chevy Caprice -totaled 2005 :(

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR2  Bacon Getter

Brootal

Geez Mike. I could've sworn it Started With a Kiss....

:lol:

Ah... I'm absolutely no help!
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

av8

Quote from: "Brootal"Geez Mike. I could've sworn it Started With a Kiss....

Sounds like someone's been watching reruns of "McLeod's Daughters."  :lol: