Hey Rayvyn!

Started by Ralph, March 26, 2008, 12:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph

I'll be coming through Tampa International on Friday. In Florida for a week with the family. (Wait! Put the rubber gloves away!) Just wondering if there's any automotive goings-on in the neighborhood. I see I've just missed Billetproof in Ocala...., and the Zephyr hills thing too.
Ralph
Manitoba Street Rod Association
http://www.msra.mb.ca/

Grandadeo

Ralph, I think Bryan is sleeping in this morning.  Are you going to spend all your time on the west coast or will you be traveling around the state?  If Bryan doesn't respond I'll see what I can find for car guy things to do.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Dave

Bryan is in the midst of moving so I wouldnt hold my breath for a reply. He is going to have a new internet service after he is done with the move and has temporary access now but I dont know how often he will show here..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Ralph

Thanks for responding. If I caught him mid-move he'll be WAY too busy to play with us tourists. We're staying near Wesley Chapel, just North of Tampa, and doing day trips in our rental car. I'm just hoping to find some cars or shops to look at to break up the endless parade of shopping malls I'll be subjected to otherwise. I'm going to make * sure we get some beach time too. I hear Clearwater beach is nice, but I'm told traffic to and from can get heavy. If you catch Bryan, say Hi for me. We hung out for a day at the Zephyrhills Car Show a couple of years ago.
Ralph

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Ralph". We hung out for a day at the Zephyrhills Car Show a couple of years ago.
Ralph

and you want to hang out with him again :?:  :?:  :!:  :shock:  :shock:

were ya drunk, or somethin' :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Grandadeo

Ralph, I know the two big things this weekend are the Spring Daytona show and swapmeet and Barret-Jackson down in West Palm Beach.  You could always tell them you're taking them to the World's Most Famous Beach" and have them drop you off at the Daytona Speedway.  I'll do some more looking and see if I can find anything more in the Tampa area.  If not shows, maybe some cruise nights.  As for shops the only ones I know of two over that way.  Cecil Taylor runs Hercules Motor Car Company that makes complete early Ford Woodies, mainly '33-'34s.  Right next door to him is Two Guys Garage from TV.  Don't know if Sam is usually there and if they are open to the public.  They are located west of Hwy 301, South of the Florida State Fairgrounds.  Like I said I'll do some more looking so check back later tonight if you can.  I am on the east coast in Jensen Beach.  If you think you may get over this way I could take you around to the garages of interest here.  Well, got to get back to painting the garage.

Lee

Grandadeo

Oh heck, painting can wait.  Here is a list of what I found, besides Daytona and Barret-Jackson,  with phone numbers if they were listed.  Hope you have a map with you or do a Mapquest before you leave.  

Mar 27-30 Tavares,FL   21st Annual Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival on Lake Dora This is a wooden boat festival and includes Woodies.  The Woodies (cars) part of it is on Saturday.  A good friend, Rich Martin is involved with the cars part of it.  This is a beautiful location.

Mar 29 Leesburg, FL Classic Car & Motorcycle Cruise-in and Auction.  Auction during the day and cruise-in starts at 4:30 PM  Phone 352-787-8050 ext. #21

Mar. 29 Crystal River, FL Corvette show at Crystal River Chevrolet Phone 352-527-2736

Mar 29-30  Sarasota, FL 2nd Annual Palmer Ranch Spring Fest.  Open meet Phone 941-926-4113

Mar. 30 Live Oak Carriage & Car Show Hosted by Kingdom of the Sun Region AACA at Live Oak Horse Farm . 1975 and older vehicles.  352-368-3880 (this is really pretty BIG horse farm country in the Ocala area)

Mar 30 New Port Richey, Fl 10th Annual car, Truck, & Bike show. Location: Chasco Fiesta at Orange Lk.  Phone 727 872-7482

There are also some shows the following weekend but I think you will be gone by then.  If something list as Saturday and Sunday, Saturday is always the best day to go.

Cruise Nights:

Old Town in Kissimmee, Fl US Hwt 192 1 mile east of I-4  Friday night is 1973 and newer.  Saturday night is 1974 and older.

Wesley Chapel, Fl  Every Wednesday at the Dairy Queen on St. Road 54.  6-9 PM Phone 813-988-7302

As far as other cruise nights, there are a ton of them, every night of the week.  See if you can find a copy of Mike Kelly's "Cruise News" it has dozens of them listed.

Hope this helps.  Get back with me if you need more.  PM me if you need my phone number.  

Lee

Ralph

WOW Grandadeo, thanks! You've given me a big head start on some fun! I'll look for the "Cruise news" when I get there. Looks like I'll be taking the family out for ice cream on Wednesday night at least. I'm not likely to get to Jensen beach, but thanks for the offer. If you're ever in Winnipeg, Manitoba - look me up! :lol: I'll check back later tonight, and print this post and take it along.
Ralph

Dave

Dont know what he has going on now after he got slammed pretty bad on the internet but up north west of Tampa is Dave Koorey street rods. I dont have the addy handy but you might try and stop by.. Bryan knows him. I doubt that helps but  :lol: .. he may ahve some interesting builds going on. he lays up bodies too.
dave

Grandadeo

Hey Ralph, how did you make out down in the Sunshine State?

Lee

Ralph

Just got back Monday night. Had great weather until Sunday, when it rained in biblical proportions! We got a couple of days at the beach, (Clearwater and Indian Rocks), saw wild dolphins there, and went to the Wesley Chapel and Lakeland cruise nights. A guy gave me a copy of "Mike Kelly's Cruising News". You're right- there's cruises just about every night of the week. Did a bit too much shopping for my taste, but I've got to keep my girls happy. Did the Universal Studios touristy thing for a day too. All in all a pretty good trip. Thanks again for your help.
Ralph

Grandadeo

Glad you had a good time.  We got into some of that biblical rain ourselves coming back from Orlando over the weekend.  

Lee

Ralph

Hi Lee
I'm going to try to post a few Cruise night photos.
OK, think that worked. There was a guy in Wesley Chapel keeping up Florida"s reputation for Fine custom jobs with a 4WD Checker cab! Never realized how much back seat room those things have!Also a nice little Pickup in Lakeland. HMMM. Came out in reverse order. I"ll have to figure out how to do the TEXT/picture/MORE TEXT thing.

I'd also like to run down Highway 1 to the keys and see the Everglades at some point. Guess I'm coming back again!
Ralph

PS I think I just figured out the posting thing, but I'm NOT redoing my post! The finger I type with is tired. :lol:
Ralph